Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HP touchsmart wifi issues  (Read 16120 times)

Tan_Za

Topic Starter

Intermediate
  • Starcraft and C programming
    • Experience: Experienced
    HP touchsmart wifi issues
    « on: August 14, 2012, 03:56:02 AM »
    Hello people who read this..
    I have been having some issues with my HP touchsmart 520-1040a PC where the wireless internet connection seems to stop working for some odd reason. Sometimes it will work and sometimes it will not! I have no idea what is causing this problem but i have tried driver options, restarting my internet etc. It says no connections are available but i know that there is via other computers in the house hold. It also doesn't seem to see any other wireless networks..
    When it stopped working the first time i decided to leave it alone after trying alot of recovery options but nothing helped... The next day it was working and i have no idea why... I also have no idea why it stopped working so any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Tan_Za

truenorth

Guru

Re: HP touchsmart wifi issues
      « Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 12:34:33 PM »
      Very nice looking computer.Has this always been a problem on this unit? We could go through a process of trying to help with your current issue but i suspect this is a fairly new unit. If it is still under warranty that would be my 1st suggestion-- exercise your warranty options. Are we correct to assume you are using the intenal WI-Fi card for your connections? truenorth

Tan_Za

Topic Starter

Intermediate
        « Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 06:22:04 PM »
        Yea i am using a internal Wifi card, 802.11n wireless LAN card and yes it is new and a awesome computer apart form this problem. I do not want to rule out my home network either because when i removed my internet from the connections list i could then see every other internet network... But every other computer in the house can connect, just not this one. But yes internal card and the it will sometimes have connection but most of the time it will not.. like at the moment it does not and has been like this for a small while.

Thanks for responding,
        Tan_Za

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 11:35:25 AM »
          While it is not a portable computer as in a laptop it's certainly quite capable of being transportable due to it's configuration. Do you have the opportunity to take it to another location and use another service provider? If no problems arise as none do other than your own one at it's current location then it would seem as you suggest that this problem is only happening with your primary provider. I assume you have talked to them re this problem. If you have not tried it(assume a DSL service) you can briefly remove power to your DSL modem/router and (a minute or two should be enough)  then see if the computer finds the modem IP. If modems are turned off they generally change IP addresses when re-powered. In certain instances that can be a reason why a wireless card cannot reconnect to a modem. Another member (computer commando i believe) made reference some time back to changing the computer wireless connection type from static to dynamic as a possible way to solve this type of problem. That may be an area for you to investigate.Let us know how things evolve.truenorth

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
          • Experience: Beginner
          « Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 11:09:14 PM »
          Another would be changing the wireless channel or frequency of the router(not mentioned)?

Tan_Za

Topic Starter

Intermediate
            « Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 09:50:01 AM »
            I have done everything that you have told me and it seems to be working quite well at the moment, like i can get signal and have internet etc. I do not really know what was wrong but after restarting router/modem and changing IP to dynamic etc, it all seems to be up and running. I will keep you guys posted if anything else happens but the issue seemed to be solved once the router/modem had been restarted and when i had finished screwing with IPs it seems to work.

Thx for responses,
            Tan_Za

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 10:21:39 AM »
              Glad to hear it and while we certainly would welcome you back again hopefully it won't be with this issue.Enjoy that awesome computer. Looks like they were trying to emulate an Apple design.truenorth

Tan_Za

Topic Starter

Intermediate
                « Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 04:21:57 AM »
                Yea its really great except i cannot figure out how to make it read input from a pen/stylus. If i could make it recognize the stylus then i could have pressure sensitivity when drawing in photoshop :S But yea its really quite a nice machine.

Thanks for you help,
                Tan_Za

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2012, 07:23:26 AM »
                  Have a look at these and see if their is a solution within.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylqr0LHDqhI
                  truenorth

Tan_Za

Topic Starter

Intermediate
                    « Reply #9 on: August 20, 2012, 05:40:18 AM »
                    I could not find anything in multiple different videos about my lil issue. :(

Regards,
                    Tan_Za