Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Internet Explorer stuck on Connecting  (Read 11610 times)

Technoid

Internet Explorer stuck on Connecting
« on: December 23, 2012, 09:52:09 PM »
When I open Internet Explorer, it puts the URL in the title like it does sometimes, and it says "connecting". Sometimes it will put the URL in the address bar, like it's loaded more, but it still says "connecting". I tried a shortcut to a different site too, same thing. If I click or try to close it or whatever, it says it's not responding. I tried another browser and it works fine. I pinged google (my homepage) and it worked fine.

I don't know what's wrong, it worked yeserday!

Thanks.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Internet Explorer stuck on Connecting
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 10:02:38 PM »
The most likely problem is that your modem is stuck and needs to be reset. Pull the plug,  wait un minuto and plug the power back on.

If your internet come in on a Ethernet connection, reboot in safe mode with networking and see what you get.

Technoid

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 10:15:11 PM »
Another browser works fine. Wouldn't it not work too if the problem was with the modem?

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 07:38:19 AM »
You may be infected...
In IE go to Tools/Internet Options/Connections/LAN settings...does it show a proxy setting ? ?
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 08:29:10 AM »
Run internet explorer without add-ons also and check the difference.

Technoid

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2012, 10:21:37 AM »
You may be infected...
In IE go to Tools/Internet Options/Connections/LAN settings...does it show a proxy setting ? ?

"Use a proxy server for your LAN"? I'm not sure what you're talking about, but all the boxes are unchecked.

Run internet explorer without add-ons also and check the difference.

It loaded a "Internet Explorer is running without add-ons" page, which I assume is a system file, not a webpage (So it didn't need much power to load it). So I clicked the Home button like it said and it loaded in a second (which is probably half because it loaded IE already, and half because it didn't have add-ons). This I believe is irrelevant anyway, because I have not added anything for a long time, and it was perfectly fine the day before.

Update: I tried it today, with add-ons, it took forever but it finally loaded. I'm using it to post this now. So it loads, but it's extremely slow, and it wasn't like that the day before yesterday. I've missed my monthly cleaning (cache, etc) for a long time, I'll try to do it this week. Do you think that could be it?

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2012, 05:29:59 PM »
Sounds like the addons are the issue here...
Review them...and keep only what you need...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Technoid

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2012, 05:45:10 PM »
I reviewed them, some I don't know what they are, so I kept them, the ones I did know what they were I needed, so I didn't get rid of any. XD

I just finished cleaning my computer, and now it seems around normal speed, so I guess that was it?