Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Low Disk Space & setup was unable to create directory  (Read 11582 times)

kellylong2007

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    Low Disk Space & setup was unable to create directory
    « on: December 28, 2012, 10:24:16 AM »
    Hi all! I'm hoping to get some help for my computer. I have:
    HP Pavilion dv9500 Notebook PC
    Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2
    Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB  32 bit operating system
    Processor: AMD Turion 64x2 Mobile Technology TL-58 1.90GHz

Here is my problem: I am constantly getting the error : Low Disk Space on C drive & another error: Setup was unable to create the directory "C:\Users\KELLYN~1\AppData\Local\Temp\is-L19UN.tmp".  Error 112: THere is not enough space on the disk

I have deleted almost everything off the computer including tons of progrmas and no matter what I do I always get these messages.. I cannot download ANYTHING, not even a picture. No matter how much I delete it always says I 0 memory even though I have almost wiped the entire computer. Any help is so so so appreciated!!!!!

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    Re: Low Disk Space & setup was unable to create directory
    « Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 10:59:25 AM »
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

kellylong2007

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 06:32:13 AM »
      Tried it and it did not work. I have 0 gb taking up space on the system recovery so I cannot resize it.   On another note, here is another error when I just restarted the computer.
      HP Advisor has stopped working
      A problem cause the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

It says I have 0% free out of 103.38GB.. even when I delete huge stuff it stays at 0 no matter what.

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 06:43:23 AM »
      I suggest you boot to safe mode and run full scans with both your anti virus app and with MalwareBytes. After that, please run chkdsk:

To run checkdisk, right-click on a command prompt icon and open as administrator. In the command prompt window type: chkdsk /r  (then press ENTER). You'll be told the disk is in use and asked if you want to run checkdisk on the next boot. Say yes, exit the command prompt window, and reboot.

Last, how much free space on the drive does Windows Explorer show?

kellylong2007

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 06:21:47 PM »
        tried doing everything you said.. the problem is that because I have no space I havent been able to update my antivirus software or malware bites for a long time. I scanned Malware with a very old version and it says no malicious software has been found. It has not been updated in a long time. I tried to run my microsoft security essentials but I was a dummy and think I may have deleted parts of it just to see if I could get more space back because it was such a big program.. now i can't get it back on.. the icon is still there and says : Couldn't start the Security Essentials service. The specified service does not exists as an installed service.  I cannot redownload or update due to no space.
        Lastly,  I ran chkdsk and it says : Chkdsk cannot run bc the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts (Y/N).   I said Y and and says this volume will be checked the next time the system restarts.

Ohhh myyy head hurts LOL  Thank you so much for all your help! I feel so lost without my computer!

kellylong2007

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 06:29:49 PM »
          Update : I ran chkdsk out of safe mode and get this: The type of file system is NTFS. Cannot lock current drive. then it says what it said before about the volume is in use by another process

carlos1001

Beginner

• Computer: Specs
            « Reply #6 on: December 29, 2012, 06:57:10 PM »
            When you run chkdsk and reboot your computer, do you see the login screen?

Carlos

kellylong2007

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2012, 07:14:17 PM »
              yes.   and also here is another good update..earlier I opened the C drive and clicked Compress this disk to save disk space.. I let it run for a few minutes but then canceled it.. come to find out It must have done something bc I have 697MB free out of 102GB. Enough for me to update Malware byte and download security essentails.. I have both running a full scan now

carlos1001

Beginner

• Computer: Specs
                « Reply #8 on: December 29, 2012, 07:29:32 PM »
                You shouldn't  see the login screen after you run chkdsk and it schedules to check the nex time you reboot. You should se chkdsk start checking the hard drive before the login screen even appears. After you run MBAM and if it doesn't find anything, try opening a command prompt window and running sfc /scannow. Note that you might have to have a windows DVD handy.

Carlos

Edit: Have you tried opening disk cleanup and tried clearing temp files? Also while doing this (if you haven't already), pay attenchen to the amount that it is clearing. here may be the source of your problem. Try doing this under safe mode as well so that the problemattic program (if there is one), isn't running and writing to the hard drive.
                Carlos
                « Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 07:48:10 PM by carlos1001 »

kellylong2007

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2012, 08:14:18 PM »
                  I really wasn't paying attention but I think I did see it chking dsk then went to login screen. MBAM and MSS are still running a full scan. I will update probably tomorrow bc it looks like it will take a while!

I just saw what you wrote on the EDIT note.. I will try that as soon as it stops... once again thank you!

kellylong2007

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2012, 09:08:04 AM »
                    OH goodness.. 14 hours later and they are both STILL running.. I've been watching it for the last two hours and they are both checking C:Windows\System32\congig\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\GILXZE8T\ (this part constantly changes).. usually google ads.
                    So even though I clean cache, cookies, history, and even use CC cleaner, maybe all this junk is being stored somewhere?

Also so far no threats on MBAM but MSS has found:
                    Trojan:JS/BlacoleRef.CI
                    Trojan:JS/IframeRef
                    Trojan:Win32/Sirefef!cfg

Allan

• Mastermind
                    « Reply #11 on: December 30, 2012, 09:13:52 AM »
                    You can't run them both at the same time. You need to run one scan at a time. And as for checkdisk, all you needed to do was read and follow the instructions in my previous post.

Regardless, the fact that you have multiple trojans comes as no surprise. Please follow the instructions in the following link and post your logs in the thread you create (NOT in this thread):
                    http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html

kellylong2007

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2012, 02:54:14 PM »
                      I see chkdsk checking and it says (before the login screen) and it said something about volume in use and then said it was completed.
                      Disk Cleanup gets stuck at Scanning:System error memory dumping files
                      Tried running command prompt as admin and running sfc/scannow and It says it began but then says : Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation..

I followed your link and I got CCleaner Slim but It will not finish set up and I get this error: C:\Users\Kelly~N\AppData\Local\Temp\nsy63F2.tmp\UserInfo.dll
                      I do however have the original CCleaner already on the computer and I did run it. Also I already have MBAM and will be able to get a log from it.
                      I was successful in downloading adwcleaner and I do have one log to post from that!
                      I downloaded DDS but there is not enough space on the disk to open it :(

So I only have logs from MBAM and Adwcleaner.. you want me to start a new thread and put copy them to it?

Allan

• Mastermind
                      « Reply #13 on: December 30, 2012, 03:04:47 PM »
                      yes

kellylong2007

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2012, 03:59:47 PM »
                        I uploaded my adwcleaner log but no one has respoded.. Idk if I put it in the right place? Also, I am trying to run the computer in safe mode to run the antivirus but when booting up in safe mode it gets stuck Loading windows files.. it stops at Loaded:\Windows\System32\drivers\crcdisk.sys
                        Any ideas as to why? It didn't do this till now.