Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Any Self-experience reviews of "Z87x Biostar Motherboard?"  (Read 2559 times)

Janpher11

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Any Self-experience reviews of "Z87x Biostar Motherboard?"
    « on: July 18, 2013, 05:51:06 AM »
    Hey guys! What do you think about Hi-fi 3D Biostar "Z87x"? I have heard its new but i dont know if it is good? Does anybody have some experience with it?

this is really unknown for me..hope I can hear your knowledge with this, will be glad to know introductions from it.

im planning though to replace my old system so if you have any comments about this i hope i can hear it soon.

camerongray

Expert
      • Yes
      • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Any Self-experience reviews of "Z87x Biostar Motherboard?"
    « Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 06:10:50 AM »
    While it's not a terrible board, Biostar is a budget manufacturer.  I have used many of their boards and even use one in my own HTPC and they have been great but since you seem to be going for a pretty high end machine (Z87) you would probably be better off with something from Gigabyte or ASUS.

While the enhanced audio may be slightly better than the standard onboard stuff the difference won't be huge and isn't really worth compromising the rest of the system for.  If audio quality is important, you'd be best to get a separate PCI-E sound card.

Mrfreddy

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 12:59:39 PM »
      While it's not a terrible board, Biostar is a budget manufacturer.  I have used many of their boards and even use one in my own HTPC and they have been great but since you seem to be going for a pretty high end machine (Z87) you would probably be better off with something from Gigabyte or ASUS.

While the enhanced audio may be slightly better than the standard onboard stuff the difference won't be huge and isn't really worth compromising the rest of the system for.  If audio quality is important, you'd be best to get a separate PCI-E sound card.

Agree with you regarding the manufacturer. But i would never spend any dollar for an external sound card.

anyway the Z87X seems to be not too bad. there is a review from overclockers.com that is giving them really nice results. (http://www.overclockers.com/biostar-hifi-z87X-3D)

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 06:10:10 PM »
      So you won't spend a dollar on a sound card but you will scrimp on a MBoard ?
      Glad i'm not assisting on this build as the logic is flawed from the git-go...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      « Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 04:20:54 AM »
      It's a midrange board from a budget manufacturer...shows in the features list (doesn't even support SLI for example).
      OK for a budget build if there are no other options but I wouldn't want one personally, I'd rather take a "lower end" Gigabyte or Asus.