Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: None of my internet browsers are loading past the home page in windows 7?  (Read 2420 times)

scooter84

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Loading circle keeps spinning and I have internet connection. Fire fox comes to the home screen with the logo, but internet explorer goes to a blank page with address bar. I can't navigate to any website in any browser. I've ran avast boot time scan, malwarebytes and cccleaner and tdss killer. I've done a clean boot of the system. I've done system restore. I ran sfc scannow, which some problems that were detected it couldn't fix. I've ran disk clean up, which worked for a couple minutes, than the internet stopped running. I've done safe mode with networking and gone into network and sharing center and changed the preferred dns because someone on yahoo answers suggested that, but still nothing. What can I do now? I have a gateway e5700, intel Pentium processor, which I've had for several years. The internet and computer were working perfectly 2 days ago. Sometimes, windows explorer times out, and at first I couldn't even open network and sharing center, but clean boot seems to fix explorer problems, but not the internet. I've done the clean boot in msconfig. What do I do now? I'm familiar with computers, mediocre knowledge, but I'm no expert. And, I forgot to tell you, that I used to have this broadband network listed in network and sharing center, but that icon is not there any more. I just have LAN network. It says I have  internet access on the computer. I've cleaned my cache and resetted each browser and routers too. This has been going on for a couple of days.