Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: wifi ipod/home pc/ipad trouble  (Read 2388 times)

jonatyre

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    wifi ipod/home pc/ipad trouble
    « on: April 02, 2014, 03:05:50 PM »
    Hi I have ipod/ipad/samsung galaxy phone and windows 7 pc, I have wifi on all these devices but hve trouble using Facebook and all of the divices. Both of the phones can connect when using the 3 or 4g network with wifi disabled but will randomly log into facebook. My computer is similar it logged on this morning but then when i clicked a link within facebook the page it says unable to load page. My daughter ipod 5 does the same but also youtube wont open either. I am pretty sure it is a wifi issue but didnt want to buy a new router for no reason. Any help much appreiciated.

Jona

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: wifi ipod/home pc/ipad trouble
    « Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 07:04:44 PM »
    Most likely your equipment is good.
    Who is the provider for you internet service? (ISP)
    Recently some providers have had bad service for unspecified reasons.
    It varies by region.
    Sometimes the 3G and 4G serve is better, even in the same area.
    The best I can offer is that you contact the ISP you are using.
    I have had Internet services for four different providers over the past 13 years at this location.  This last year I have had more problems than ever. The prov ider does  NOT inanimate with me  what the issue is.
    There has been much speculation, but no clear answers. But there is a lot of anecdotal stories to support the idea that the ISP companies have a problem.
    Here is one of many:
    http://www.extremetech.com/computing/177073-why-netflix-streaming-is-getting-slower-and-probably-wont-get-better-any-time-soon
    ...Netflix and Comcast have come to an agreement. Netflix now has a direct connection to Comcast’s network (peering), and Comcast users should see much improved service as a result. Money changed hands, but no exact figures were made public.
    That implies that Comcast might have made Netflix service less reliable .
    Of course, that may not be  your problem. But it shows that many think the problems are with the policy adopted by the ISP, not the PC or OS.
    The best I can offer is you keep talking with your ISP.