Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't Connect ot Internet after Windows 7 Re-install  (Read 14435 times)

DietSoda

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    Can't Connect ot Internet after Windows 7 Re-install
    « on: April 08, 2014, 04:44:04 AM »
    I had a problem with my graphics card drivers that made my computer unusable and required a reinstallation of Windows 7. (This is the first time I attempted to reinstall the operating system by myself and had no idea what it involved.) After I reinstalled Windows 7 from the disc, I did not have the ability to connect to the internet. It kept asking for a "network adapter" and provided a login screen for my ISP which I have never seen before. After entering the password and account number for my ISP account it continued to ask for a network adapter. I think I need a driver of some kind that allows connection to the internet. I made the mistake of assuming this driver and all other necessary drivers would be included on the operating system disc.

I assume I have to download the drivers from another computer onto a flash drive. I have no idea where to look for these drivers.

Another problem I noticed immediately after reinstalling Windows 7 is the images on my display are larger than usual and appear stretched horizontally. Will the necessary drivers correct this? 

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Can't Connect ot Internet after Windows 7 Re-install
    « Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 05:32:57 AM »
    Make and model of the computer?

DietSoda

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 11:59:13 AM »
      Alienware Aurora R3   

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 12:18:27 PM »
      Find out which MBoard is in that PC...go to that manuf. site...all your drivers except for external devices will be listed there...
      Chipset drivers 1st...then re-boot...then install all others.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

hwrddrn

Rookie
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 10:26:07 AM »
      Did you reformat to hard drive before u reinstall the operating system.. if u didn't reformat it...try to reinstall the the driver from the {device manager}...In the Start Search box type device manager and then press enter or  by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then, under System, clicking Device Manager.‌ u should see network adapter,right click it then update driver software.search auto...

jackj

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 03:59:44 AM »
        I had a similar problem with a friend laptop recently as well. These are the following steps that I did to bring back the wifi.

Start > Right click My computer > Manage > Device Manager
        Under Other device it should state what devices are currently missing or unable to find certain drives.

For me it was missing Intel Wifi something 6150, So I googled that w/ driver at the end, and the first link was intel's website with the download page to the drive.

Assuming for you it should state " Qualcomm Atheros Wlan Model" or something similar to it. Google that it should give you a direct link to the download page.