Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't Connect wirelessly BUT Can Connect Wired.  (Read 5111 times)

ralgonzo26

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    Can't Connect wirelessly BUT Can Connect Wired.
    « on: April 09, 2014, 09:26:00 PM »
    First of all. This is my very first time that I post here. So be kind to me.  :)

Before I talk about my issue at hand this is the information of my operating system. I have a Windows 7 Home Premium Computer, 64 bit Operating System, and Service Pack 1 and I use a Bolse 300mbps B0-N1557 Wireless USB Adapter.

My problem is I can't wirelessly get online. Wired I can. In my Control Panel, Network and Internet, Manage Wireless Networks.... I don't see the list of networks in Manage Wireless Networks. There all gone ??? Also when I Manually try to setup a New Connection Or Network in Network and Sharing Center I get an error message saying An Unexpected Error Occurred??? I tried setting up a network in Network and Sharing Center and I get no luck there. I have also tried trouble shooting the problem as well and get another message saying The Wireless Network Adapter is Experiencing Problems and it goes further on to say There might be a problem with the driver for the Wireless Network Connection 3 Adapter. But my Wireless Adapter is brand new. Just got it no more than a day ago.... I don't know what to do and don't know where else to turn to. I hope anyone here can help. Hope to hear back from anyone.

Ralgonzo

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Can't Connect wirelessly BUT Can Connect Wired.
    « Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 10:00:36 PM »
    But my Wireless Adapter is brand new. Just got it no more than a day ago.... I don't know what to do and don't know where else to turn to. I hope anyone here can help. Hope to hear back from anyone.
    Send it back.
    I have Window 7 64 bit and have found that a one  Wireless adjuster did  not work.
    It is a Netgear. Works nice on my 32 bit system, but no joy on 64 bit.
     So I bought a cheap thing just to see. Cheap  works fine. But looks ugly.

Why send it back?
    Because by now the vendors should have got rid of old stuff that doers not work on 64 bit systems. Everything  is now 64 bit. Well, almost everything. The vendors need to be responsible.
    Anyway, a replacement should be easy.
    Here is a list from Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Awireless%20adapter%20for%20windows%207%2064%20bit
    If you live in the USA you can find good ones even at walmart t or Best Buy stores.

That  is what I think. :)

ralgonzo26

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 11:04:25 PM »
      Thanks for the reply Geek-9pm

In regards to the wireless adapter, this particular one that I'm using (Bolse Newly Designed 300Mbps Wifi Wireless-N USB Micro Mini Adapter)  is among the list of adapters you showed me in the Amazon.com link you set me. In it's description it says that it's Compatible with 64 bit.

My computer is reading the adapter, It's connected but not connected. I had gotten a message that I forgot to mention that Real Tek USB (Bolse Adapter) Wireless Lan is disconnected with some red lines.

Previously and for a long time I was using an older wireless adapter known as Belkin N 300 Wireless USB Adapter. I don't know what happened, but all of my problems started happening when Belkin wireless adapter went out on me. But I do know for sure that this new adapter is compatible with 64 bit.

I thank you and appreciate that you were able to reply to me. I feel though I have a computer problem with networking, adapter, wireless connections. If need be and if it turns out to be that in fact I need to return my new wireless adapter I will go ahead and do that but until then, I hope I could still get this fixed as to which like I have said it feels to me more of a network, adapter wireless connection problems.  Thanks again Geek 9pm

Ralgonzo

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
      « Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 11:33:59 PM »
      See Bolse Wireless Adapter Technical Details please http://www.mybolse.com/products_more.asp?id=88
      Note:
      1. Windows 8/7 users can plug-&-play without the CD.
      2. Support Mac OS X 10.4 above, Please download the Mac Driver.
      3. Won't work with Xbox 360, PS3, Blu-Ray, Roku, devices without operating systems (OS), or dual band routers only broadcasting N-speeds on 5GHz wavelength.
      4. Currently this adapter doesn't work with windows 8.1. - See more at: http://www.mybolse.com/products_more.asp?id=88#sthash.0owwUOu7.dpuf

Might as well replaced it with an adapter that has better OS and network support than the previous purchase instead.

ralgonzo26

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 12:26:38 AM »
        I wanted to come back here and give a update to my issue. That is I went ahead and tried my Bolse 300Mbps Wifi Wireless-N USB Micro Mini Adapter on my brothers Windows 7 64bit computer here at home and it worked just fine and had no problems what so ever. To me I believe this only confirms that I'm have some issues/problems with my wireless connection. It's weird!! But I look forward to further assistance if anyone here can continue to help.... :)

Ralgonzo