Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HELP ME BUILD A CHEAP GAMING PC  (Read 4744 times)

bahogbahog

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    HELP ME BUILD A CHEAP GAMING PC
    « on: June 08, 2014, 08:06:53 AM »
    sir i have a intel pentium 4 3.06GHz  ati-radeon-x300-x550-x1050-series
    and lastly a daewoo lucoms CT7610 motherboard.... which components of my computer shud i upgrade 1st to a cheap gaming computer..THANKS i want to ugrade my computer to a cheap gaming pc. What must i do first? :'(  :'(
    MY EMAIL->>>> --------------

EMail Addy removed to prevent SPAM.
    « Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 08:14:26 AM by patio »

camerongray

Expert
      • Yes
      • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: HELP ME BUILD A CHEAP GAMING PC
    « Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 08:55:18 AM »
    It really depends how much you can spend.  Your current PC looks far too old to be worth spending any money on so your only real option is to completely build a new one from scratch - Other than the case which isn't really worth anything I can't see anything in your current PC that could be reused in something new.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    « Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 09:53:09 AM »
    When talking about cheap, real cheap, there is almost no advantage in  using components. And gaming PCs have to be  above t average performers. So,m it can't be done. If you have just a little money, go buy a used XBOX. A working unit is about $80 or so. You can't build anything for that money.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    « Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 01:40:57 PM »
    When talking about cheap, real cheap, there is almost no advantage in  using components.

I don't know- components seem pretty important. I know I'd have a hard time building a PC without components.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    « Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 07:48:39 PM »
    Cheap and Gaming should never be used in the same sentence....
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Maleke

Rookie

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 10:56:00 PM »
      Sure lets think about building an economical gaming PC.

Lets start with what you want to play and at how high a graphics setting?

If you wanna play the newest FPS at ultimate, it won't happen.  If however you just want to play WoW or LoL at decent settings, we could pretty easily get you there for a few hundred dollars.

Inputs from you:
      Budget
      Performance Requirements

-Mal

pcurtj1974

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 10:45:16 PM »
      There is always Craigslist.....

DaveLembke

Sage
      « Reply #7 on: June 21, 2014, 07:13:32 PM »

If however you just want to play WoW or LoL at decent settings, we could pretty easily get you there for a few hundred dollars.

I have played both of these game titles with lesser processing power than the 3.06Ghz HT P4...... a $30 video card ( either AGP or PCIE ) would get you to the minimum specs for these games to play with about 20 fps with graphics settings set low if AGP, and if its a PCIE motherboard ( which I have doubts given the age of the computer ) you might be able to get a video card for around $40 that is PCI Express that would allow for mid-grade graphics settings with the Pentium 4 3.06Ghz thereon being a bottleneck for anything better in processing power of the graphics which handshakes with the GPU. I have a feeling that the video card is AGP, although I have seen the ATI Radeon x300-x500-x1050 series come in a 128MB PCIE 1.0 option.

i have a intel pentium 4 3.06GHz  ati-radeon-x300-x550-x1050-series
      and lastly a daewoo lucoms CT7610 motherboard

Looking online the Daewoo Lucoms references to monitors, but not an actual computer. I am guessing that the operator here may be getting confused with the information that they have maybe or a typo where "motherboard" should really be "Display or Monitor"... I never heard of Daewoo making motherboards and so this sparked my interest to do some google searching, in which ebay hits show flat screen monitors.

Lastly, it would be nice if bahogbahog responded back to this as for 6/8 originally posted and now 6/21, almost 2 weeks later no response.  :-\

MikeCall57

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2014, 04:27:34 PM »
        Sure lets think about building an economical gaming PC.

Lets start with what you want to play and at how high a graphics setting?

If you wanna play the newest FPS at ultimate, it won't happen.  If however you just want to play WoW or LoL at decent settings, we could pretty easily get you there for a few hundred dollars.

Inputs from you:
        Budget
        Performance Requirements

-Mal

If you're fine with an APU instead of the combination of a CPU and Graphics card, here is a build that I found for just over $200.