Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Setting up a wired connection on a wireless router  (Read 2619 times)

ross555

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Setting up a wired connection on a wireless router
    « on: June 22, 2014, 03:30:11 PM »
    Hi ive got Sky wireless broadband, I get a lot of interference on my Internet connection, with it cutting out frequently, so decided to set up a LAN wired connection between the router downstairs to the computer upstairs with the wire under the floorboards.

Ive plugged it in but how do I know its wired im receiving? not just my former wireless network?. On network settings it just shows my normal wireless signal.

Salmon Trout

Re: Setting up a wired connection on a wireless router
    « Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 03:34:37 PM »
    Depending on what kind of computer you have, there will be a way of turning the wireless off, or else you could turn it off at the router to be sure. More details please.

ross555

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 01:15:10 PM »
      Hi i disconnected my wireless adapter and it cuts off the internet, despite the LAN wire being connected, so it doesnt look like im receiving a signal via the wired connection. Do i need to set things up differently in windows vista?

ross555

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 01:19:33 PM »
        Just to add a green LED light flashes inside the LAN plug on the back of the desktop where the wire plugs in so its plugged in correctly.