Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Connecting PS3 to hosted network is failing..  (Read 3663 times)

Megamouth

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Connecting PS3 to hosted network is failing..
    « on: July 02, 2014, 07:25:17 PM »
    I don't think the specs for my computer mean a lot in this thread. I can tell you that the hosted network via Command Prompt I created does work properly (am using the Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter drives) and I can indeed connect both my iPad and my LG L3 to this network. However, I've been failing in the long run with trying to access this network with my PS3. The following message appears when I try to run the connection:

"A connection to the access point could not be established. Check the security settings for the wireless LAN."

This is odd because I can connect the PS3 to the router's signal (although at 45%, tops) and I'm doing this to improve the online experience I have on my PS3 by having a stronger signal. (My PS3 captures the signal "MyWifi" (the network I created) at 100% at all times.) Now, I know what this means and I've been trying to figure out what is wrong about the security settings and I just can't find anything that would prevent the PS3 from connecting to my laptop and recovering the IP adress... Please, I ask for your help in taking care of this accessibility problem and I thank you in advance.

P.S.: I've also tried to shut off the firewall and it still would show me the same message when I tried to connect the PS3 to the laptop.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Connecting PS3 to hosted network is failing..
    « Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 06:54:26 PM »
    Have you tried creating a new hostednetwork - SSID and password to connect?