Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Pavilion G7 Internet connectivity issues  (Read 2328 times)

Darken_Rahl

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Pavilion G7 Internet connectivity issues
    « on: September 11, 2014, 08:13:34 AM »
    HELP!! I am working on a laptop for a consumer and I am stuck hard. The laptop is a Pavilion G7 with Windows 7 64-bit. The machine was given to me under the premise of "Internet does not work". I have used wireless and hardwired methods of connecting. The wireless properties and LAN settings say that the laptop is connected and has Internet access. I can ping outside addresses from the machine, and can ping the machine from other devices on the same network. It also pulls a valid ip address according to an ipconfig. However, when you try to pull up a website, it gives a "website cannot be found" page. This happens on IE, Firefox, and Chrome. All chipset drivers, ethernet drivers, and wireless drivers have been uninstalled and reinstalled. They are the newest drivers available from HP's website. I have even replaced the wireless NIC thinking it may just be a bad card. I've checked the IPv4 settings and all is set right. Thinking of possible DNS issues I tried using straight IP addresses to connect to webpages but all to no avail. I have even used a USB network adapter which said connected, but no webpage access. I am quite baffled and need some guidance. Are there BIOS issues that would affect this? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Darken_Rahl

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
      Re: Pavilion G7 Internet connectivity issues
      « Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 07:29:17 AM »
      Problem solved. It required elevated permissions and then using the command prompt typing the command : netsh i i r r
      And then the command Netsh winsock reset
      Basically blowing up networking and re-installing it from scratch.