Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: wired internet connection problems  (Read 2410 times)

ross555

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    wired internet connection problems
    « on: September 13, 2014, 11:39:01 AM »
    Hi ive got Sky wireless broadband, I get a lot of interference on my Internet connection, with it cutting out frequently, so decided to set up a LAN wired connection between the router downstairs to the computer upstairs with the wire under the floorboards.

Ive plugged it in but getting no wired connection, if i pull the wireless adapter out. Would this be a problem with the network card or Ethernet? 

camerongray

Expert
      • Yes
      • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: wired internet connection problems
    « Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 04:14:06 PM »
    Have you tried a different computer on the cable?

ross555

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 04:10:23 AM »
      Hi thanks for getting back to me.

The cable & router are working, i tested first the router by taking a cable out of my sky box & putting it into my laptop and it shows im receiving a LAN connection.

I then went upstairs and plugged the end of the LAN cable from my desktop to my laptop & again im getting a LAN connection, so its not a nail through the wire or faulty router luckly.

Before moving home a few years ago i was receving a LAN connection ok, but had since updated my harddrive.

I went on device manager and it shows Microsoft ISATAP Adapter as not working giving the following error message:-

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

But i dont know if a LAN connection requires a network adapter of Ethernet. When i click on Ehernet in device manager it gives the following error:

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

I searched google and cannot find any drivers for these. I downloaded the DAN 530s driver updater & it says all my drivers are updated so where do i go from here?

ross555

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 11:09:29 AM »
        Fixed. I used the driver CD that came with the PC. I would have thought that the online DELL driver download would have noticed the missing LAN driver though. :)