Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Local only internet Connection  (Read 2149 times)

ross555

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Local only internet Connection
    « on: September 17, 2014, 10:07:14 AM »
    For a while ive been having the same Internet problems with my connection showing local only, both with wireless and with a LAN connection. Its now got so bad that ive literally got just a few minutes connection before it kicks me off.

Ive scanned Internet forums for an answer to this with limited luck; one solution to change the Internet connection to obtain an IP address automatically works sometimes but then cuts out minutes later.

Im using Windows Vista with Sky broadband but can see this is also affecting Windows 7 users also.

Whets going on here, I can’t believe there is no PERMENANT SOLUTION to this?
     ???

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Local only internet Connection
    « Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 10:18:15 AM »
    That company is in a state of change. Things might get better. Maybe not. You just have to work with the company. There is no 'magic bullet 'that makes it work.

The press in the UK reports some users are not happy. This is from last year.
    Sky Broadband struggles with demand after adding subscribers
    Sky has acknowledged that some of its customers are experiencing slow internet speeds as a consequence of it signing up new subscribers.
    Sorry I can not offer help. Here on this side of the pond we have to put up with AT&T and some other big companies.

BTW: This seems to be another case of where a company advertises very high bit rates but can not meet the demand.  The high sped that talk about is the peak possible performance under the best of conditions. The pragmatical sped is decimated.