Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Determining How much internet im using?  (Read 2277 times)

comda

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Determining How much internet im using?
« on: September 30, 2014, 07:18:33 PM »
Greetings CH!

Currently attending University I have a 5GB cap per day. I was wondering as im using my Desktop, Laptop and Iphone if there was a way to monitor how much im using per day on windows and mac and i do have an IOS app that does that already. Thanks

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Determining How much internet im using?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 07:47:05 PM »
Only methods i know of involve either a DD-WRT router in between your college internet connection and these devices which has the ability to log bandwidth

( or )

Windows 7 computer with a Network Gadget running with 2 network adapters and the 2nd adapter is acting as a gateway connection to the 1st network adapter that is connected to the college network.

( or )

Ask the college to see if they have a feature available that allows you to see how much you have used and how much you have left.

Below is a pic of a Gadget that I use with Windows 7 that allows me to monitor my network and watch my bandwidth usage. Its below the CPU/RAM meter gadget that I use in the same pic. You can zero it out and have it start from 0.00 at any time for Current and Total Bandwidth usage. The Current resets with every reboot and the Total counts up the bandwidth use since the last manual reset of the gadget. ((( * Microsoft has a vulnerability with Gadgets, but I continue to use the few that i have used for years, because the vulnerability with gadgets is if you have one that is a bad gadget and these that I have have been fine for the last 3 or 4 years. )))

* Also I edited the IP's in the pic to be covered up using mspaint to hide my confidential internal and external IP info.

[attachment deleted by admin to conserve space]