Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Mechanism of internet  (Read 2192 times)

Diganta28

Mechanism of internet
« on: October 17, 2014, 01:33:27 AM »
I am not able to understand how my computer connects to the internet and how internet works. I am using Micromax modem (MMX353G 3G USB modem) with aircel sim. I cannot understand how I get connected to the internet through my isp , switches and their router.
Some sites say that ISp maintain Ip routing table whereas others say that they maintain arp table.

I am totally confused. Please help me to understand the underlying mechanism of connecting to the internet (how switches , routers or ISps work and what they maintain to identify my computer on the internet (some sites say ip table where as other sites say mac address through arp table) and how packets are send and received)

Pls help me as soon as possible......

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Mechanism of internet
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 01:53:17 AM »
Is this homework? Do you understand how the telephone system works?  Present day data connections are built an older technologies that were made  many years ago. Over time the decision was made that telephone system would have to be digital and the telephone network had to be a switching network. You might  need to read a couple of books that take you over a  80   100year period of development .

Telephone - First hundred years.

After that book was written, 1976, a lot of things began to happen fast.
The idea I wish to present is that the current Internet had its foundation in Telecommunications, which includes, Telegraph, Telephone, Radio and Television. Computers cam along late in the history.