Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Set up wi-fi from beginning  (Read 2132 times)

Ravi_Mangalore

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Set up wi-fi from beginning
    « on: November 21, 2014, 01:19:12 AM »
    Dear Forum Users,

I am a newbie to Computer Networks and would like to know how  can I set up a WI-FI. To start with I have a PC with CPU having motherboars with 4 USB ports, BLue Socket for VGA Cable, A socket for Lan Network Jack (RJ45), monitor, keyboard, mouse, webcam. I do not have a broadband Connection. For Browsing the Internet I use Tata Docomo's Photon Plus.

Now with is infrastructure how do I set up a Wi-Fi? What are the additional Requirements? A localite told me I have to have an Access Point. What is it and How do I go about getting my access Point? Is it a plug-N-Play device? Where is it available and what will be its Cost?

As confessed earlier I am entirely new and I must be told in a Layman's knowledge.

Your kind help is sought in this matter.

Thanks and Regards

RMurthy

blackrainbow

Hopeful

• For the Emperor!
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Freaks geeks and autographs shop
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Set up wi-fi from beginning
    « Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 03:35:50 PM »
    well you need a router and a device capable of receiving WiFi signals such as a wireless card but as you stated you have no broadband connection you will need a  broadband connection

Ravi_Mangalore

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 09:56:04 PM »
      Thanks for the prompt Courteous Reply Black Rainbow. Are you from India? The reason for asking you this question is For asking you further queries about broaband. Thanks again. Regards RMurthy

blackrainbow

Hopeful

• For the Emperor!
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Freaks geeks and autographs shop
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 07:26:27 AM »
      naa aim not from India im from the UK but good luck in setting up your wireless network