Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: internet connection not working when away from home  (Read 2121 times)

tonymony

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    internet connection not working when away from home
    « on: November 25, 2014, 08:13:52 AM »
    I am using a Lenovo laptop using Windows 7 Pro. While I have no problem getting on the internet wirelessly from home with comcast, I can no longer get on internet from other locations which I was able to in the past. I see that I am connected and everything looks good but no internet connection. When I was at my daughter's house who has Verizon Fios service that I frequently was able to use, I first noticed the issue and we thought it was my daughters fios services. But when that proved to not be the issue, the Verizon Fios service person on the phone ran me through some steps on my laptop, and after visiting several places, he asked me to check or uncheck something and it worked. When I got back home, the service with comcast worked no problem, but then when I went to another friends home in Long Island who has Cablevision services the same thing happened like at my daughters house. Everything looked fine and I was connected to his wireless system, but no internet. This same thing happened at another friend's house yesterday, and we tried exploring all of the potential places I may have been directed to by the verizon service guy but I cant remember where he led me to or what he asked me to do to fix the situation (atleast temporarily at my daughter's house). Help please.
    « Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 08:43:11 AM by tonymony »