Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Unable to access certain websites, Error code: ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT  (Read 34788 times)

leonlim90

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Usually I have no problem accessing websites, but since last week, there are certain websites that I cannot properly.

Problem Sites:
    1. Facebook
    2. Twitter
    3. Youtube
    4. Blogger
    5. Google Drive

Except all the websites listed above, I have no problem accessing other sites. From the helps I looked from internet, I have tried to flush dns, turn off proxy, turn off firewall, renew IP, but nothing works.

The only things work is clearing the browsing history, cookies and caches, then I am able to access the problem sites for a short period of time, after that I will get error of "Error code: ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT" if I refresh the pages.

My roommates who are also using the same WiFi as me, do not have any problems accessing any websites, even my own Android phone and iPad do not have any problem accessing any websites. The only machine that cannot access the problem sites listed above is my Laptop...

I sincerely hope that somebody can help me to solve this problem, as I really need to access those websites for my academic study.

Thank You.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Unable to access certain websites, Error code: ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT
    « Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 08:58:07 PM »
    Two things to try.
    1. Create a new user account and try using it.
    2. Beg or borrow an external WI-Fi adapter.
         Turn off the internal adapter.

leonlim90

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 07:47:07 AM »
      For ur second suggestion, I have tried my friends external WiFi adapter, but problems remain same: Can access all websites except Facebook, Youtube, Blogger, Twitter, Google Drive.

For ur first suggestion, doesn't get what you mean, which user account are you refer to? Google? Facebook? Twitter? or Computer User Account?

DaveLembke

Sage
      « Reply #3 on: December 13, 2014, 09:17:42 AM »
      You could try a different browser like Firefox and see if that fixes this. Internet Explorer might be corrupt.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      « Reply #4 on: December 13, 2014, 02:22:33 PM »
      Mew User Test.
      Somewhere, in Control Panel I think, you create a new user for your computer. The new account t wall have a fresh copy of default settings.  It somebody put a a mean trick to filter' some sites, the code would not become part of the new account.
      That is only a diagnostic, not a cure.It is to see if the problem is some kind of setting that is specific to the main user.
      Alternative method:  You can also check this by during 'safe mode with network' and select administrator.