Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wi-Fi card suddenly can't connect to home network (but works with others?!)  (Read 2358 times)

swish2000

Topic Starter

• Experience: Expert
    Hi guys, so recently I've come into a bit of an issue with my WiFi card. It's a TP-Link 300MBPS PCI-e card, and I had until now been successfully using it on my home network (over multiple routers). However, now it will not connect to the home network over WiFi. My computer still works great over Ethernet, but the WiFi network either does not connect at all, or has a limited connection which means I can't do anything. When using my phone as a mobile hotspot, the WiFi works fine!

So the odd thing is, it appears that suddenly there's some incompatibility with my home WiFi network? Is this possible?

I tried uninstalling the card, both physically and in Device Manager, and reinstalling it again, which worked for a short time but then stopped working again.

Please help, thanks guys!

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Based on the information you have provided, the next logical steps would be:
    A. Scan your PC  for any kind of malware.
    B. Buy or borrow a another PCI wireless. for comparison.

Such wireless cards  are now very low-cost and trying to find the specific problem is not worth the time it would take.