Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Batch File and WMIC command  (Read 26412 times)

Frankie0606

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Batch File and WMIC command
    « on: January 29, 2015, 05:08:45 PM »
    Hello,

I am new to scripting and was wondering if anyone knows or can assist me in running the WMIC command (/output:c:\users\username\softwarelist.txt prduct get name, version, installlocation) within a batch file to get a list of software that has been installed on every single server on the domain.  Any assistance would be much appreciated.  In advance, I Thank you for your time and trouble.

Respectfully,

Frankie

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Batch File and WMIC command
    « Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 06:31:28 PM »
    from Google...
    The Windows Management Instrumentation Command-line (WMIC) is a command-line and scripting interface that simplifies the use of Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) and systems managed through WMI. WMIC is based on aliases.
    Therefore MS is your best source of information.
    https://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/wmic.mspx
    Without using aliases, you can use the same options with the CLASS command. For example, CLASS Win32_Process GET Name, Handle, PageFaults. However, you must determine the name of the class from other sources. To do the equivalent of the alias Where clause, you must use PATH Win32_Process.Description="explorer.exe".
    Hope that helps you.  :)