Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Find the last of security updates in outdated OS  (Read 16277 times)

comda

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Find the last of security updates in outdated OS
« on: May 11, 2015, 12:47:19 PM »
Greetings!

Lately i find myself using windows 98SE to play a lot of older games again. However being that its a clean install I tried connecting to the old update server to get the latest of the updates that microsoft offered. The link was dead. I was wondering if there is a way to download up to the very last update of both windows 98SE and perhaps windows 2000.

Any ideas?

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Find the last of security updates in outdated OS
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 01:54:10 PM »
The Unofficial Service pack for Windows 98SE. I always install it when dealing with Win98SE. If memory serves it also includes generic USB Storage drivers, though I may be confusing it with another installation. The download itself is found in a link that leads To this forum thread.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

comda

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Find the last of security updates in outdated OS
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 04:00:15 PM »
Thank-you. I actually have Generic USB drivers for both Windows 98 and 98SE. They work a charm. Someone gave me them years ago. As for windows 98, It doesnt like when I install drivers and blue screens a lot during that time. So im hoping the updates might eliminate some of my issues.

Again, thank-you.