Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Network drop down continuously for certain timing  (Read 2088 times)

Dashing star

Network drop down continuously for certain timing
« on: May 18, 2015, 03:58:35 AM »
Hello computerhope friends,
Hope all are fine.
My problem is that whenever i try to connect to particular ip(in which the particular software is placed in the network we have to work on that software i am unable to access it) the command is not pinging..
but for my ip it is pinging and also my co-worker ip address is pinging on my pc...
i adjust the network cable then for few minutes i got access also i try to disable and enable my network adapter only for some time it works good..
after that same issue..
whether it is network cable issue or network card problem?..
others in my company get good connection except mine..( my network cable is separate one for my pc only)
regards
thank you

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Network drop down continuously for certain timing
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 05:20:11 AM »
I'd replace the cable for starters. Also make sure no dust in the RJ-45 network jack. If flexing is still required after replacing a cable, this it could be a bent pin of one of the important 8 pins or a cold solder joint between the connector and the main board. If this is the case then the easiest repair if a laptop is to get a USB Network Adapter, otherwise it would need to be professionally repaired at the main board level. If its a desktop computer you can either go the route of a USB Network Adapter or install a second network adapter internally in in spare unused slot.