Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: DDWRT Range Expander or Repeater issue  (Read 2415 times)

Airbender

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    DDWRT Range Expander or Repeater issue
    « on: August 03, 2015, 11:01:37 AM »
    Hello,

Architecturally the repeater connects to another wireless router as a client. Range Expander or Repeater is what i am trying to do. My main router which is ASUS RT-N56U is having alot of issues
    i sent it back to ASUS and they send it back to me with no fix so i did everything i can to make it work but no luck. so i got Linksys E2000 and used it and found out it drops network connections also just like ASUS so that was waste of time and money. i deiced to give DDWRT a try so after 2 days of reading and searching the net i got DDWRT into Linksys E2000. and i set it up as WiFi Repeater but no luck. i am not sure what i am doing wrong but everything is configured properly as far setup goes but i am not able to see the signal boost or any change.

Some of the issue i see with my setup is:
    1- unable to login via WiFi to repeater, i have to use eithernet and change ip address to login or access
    2- Not seeing boost in signal even with proper SSID been repeated

I am adding  screenshots of my setting please note i have not made any change to my ASUS Router nor 2nd router is connected via Ethernet cable to ASUS 

Please advise

Thanks in advance