Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I messed up  (Read 2353 times)

starcrotch

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    I messed up
    « on: September 21, 2015, 09:30:39 PM »
    I recently got a wii u and it wouldnt connect to the Internet so yada yada yada I type in 192.168.0.1 and I logged in using my motorola surfboard's username and password and I start mucking around with the mac address. I typed in my wii u's mac address and allowed it and within a few seconds I lost Internet connection. Havent been able to get it back. Please help

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    Re: I messed up
    « Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 11:05:37 PM »
    Sounds like you've configured a whitelist to only allow the Wii U to connect to the modem. I'm guessing this SURFboard is a model that has both modem and router functionality. You'll likely need to reset the router to factory settings. How you do that depends on the particular model. If it is a Modem/Router combo it might have a recessed factory reset button on it, likely requiring a paperclip or something similar to actually press.

Another possibility could be to use the Wii U Web Browser and browse to the router's IP address, however I doubt the connection issues you initially experienced were related to the settings you changed so wouldn't expect it to be able to connect.

I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

starcrotch

Topic Starter

Re: I messed up
      « Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 06:55:25 AM »
      I looked on the router yesterday and couldn't find a reset button at all. I didnt look for anything small though so ill look later today. I dont think there is one though. I tried reseting it to factory settings over the computer but now I dont got WiFi to log into my router stuff again to do that.