Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: WiFi not working.  (Read 2201 times)

Rodr

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Familiar
    WiFi not working.
    « on: October 22, 2015, 03:02:30 AM »
    My WiFi has stopped working.

The story so far:

My computer was running very slowly through my VPN, so I disconnected the VPN to get a blue screen crash, and after my WiFi stopped working. I tried to use a cable connection, and that didn't work either. Well now I have fixed the cable connection problem (I've no idea how) but still haven't fixed the WiFi issue. My computer doesn't connect to the internet at all when I'm running my VPN.

I recently downloaded Air VPN onto my computer, and my anti-malware gave a warning that I ignored.

I've pressed both of the reset buttons on the back of the router (the inner and outer) and inserted the router manufacturers CD.

I have downloaded a WiFi driver file from my computer manufacturers website, and I have tried to update my adapters in device manager and get the message, "Windows was unable to install your Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter," and below it reads, "Windows could not find driver software for your device."
    « Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 03:28:10 AM by Rodr »