Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Workgroup and Domain Setup  (Read 14649 times)

bob1286

Topic Starter

Hopeful
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Workgroup and Domain Setup
    « Reply #45 on: January 12, 2016, 10:17:34 AM »

camerongray

Expert
      • Yes
      • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #46 on: January 12, 2016, 10:28:46 AM »
    AHHHHH I'm an idiot!  Sorry, that was my mistake, I read that as "How is this diagrammed" and therefore explained how I made the diagram! D'OH! :P

So what is the server running?  Is this set up as a network where the client PCs are joined to the same domain as the server and use it for things like active directory and file storage?  Is there anything else special running on the server?  You should just be able to reconfigure the IP addresses and subnet on the server to match the subnet that the rest of the systems are on.  Is this not working?

bob1286

Topic Starter

Hopeful
      « Reply #47 on: January 12, 2016, 11:33:05 AM »
      AHHHHH I'm an idiot!  Sorry, that was my mistake, I read that as "How is this diagrammed" and therefore explained how I made the diagram! D'OH! :P

So what is the server running?  Is this set up as a network where the client PCs are joined to the same domain as the server and use it for things like active directory and file storage?  Is there anything else special running on the server?  You should just be able to reconfigure the IP addresses and subnet on the server to match the subnet that the rest of the systems are on.  Is this not working?

2008 Data Center, If the network get's configured right, I should be able too set that up as planned an have them.  So I should rerun dcpromo after changeing it too the century link router settings

bob1286

Topic Starter

Hopeful
        « Reply #48 on: January 20, 2016, 12:12:57 PM »
        So what I have now is sort of a star with just everything workgrouped which, is basically, something I could of done from the start.  I don't have the Link Sys BEF connected and moved the HUB since, I put a switch too the Server's and don't have enough ports.