Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PFC files???  (Read 10107 times)

Daysdnconfuzed

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    PFC files???
    « on: December 12, 2015, 05:56:23 PM »
    Can someone please help this totally clueless woman. I have disks that I saved from AOL that have PFC files on them and I need to open them but cant. Can someone please help me by teling me how to open these?? Thanks

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: PFC files???
    « Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 07:29:13 PM »
    The PFC file type is primarily associated with 'AOL' by America Online, Inc.. America Online (AOL) offers users the option to store incoming/read and sent E-mail in the AOL Personal Filing Cabinet (.PFC). Generally, this file is only viewable using AOL software.

https://help.aol.com/articles/how-do-I-restore-my-aol-saved-pfc

WFD

Greenhorn

• Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 11:55:19 AM »
      Don't know if you will see this reply, now more than 2 years later.
      PFC files can be opened and read using AOL Desktop software, not the new version called AOL Gold.
      If you can get an installation copy of AOL Desktop - I think the latest version was 9.8.2 before AOL discontinued it circa October 2017 - and install it on your computer, then you should be able to open and read the PFC files entirely within your own computer - no need to be logged on or even be a current subscriber to AOL. Just click on the File menu, then Open and navigate to and select the file.
       AOL Desktop was always free.  You might be able to get it somehow from AOL, phone 800 827 6364, or, if not, do some googling for AOL Desktop.

Shandy

Intermediate
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 05:40:06 AM »
        Good guy WFD but sadly the OP was unable to open their e-mails in time and as a result has defaulted on her mortgage payments and now currently resides in prison, where there is no access to e-mail.  :'(

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
        • Geek After Dark
          • Gekk9pm bnlog
        • Certifications: List
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 09:06:35 PM »
        Unless he gets a pardon from the gov'rnor --
        ...  this thread will be left hanging.  :(