Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need help with HnapPcSiteBlocked  (Read 3921 times)

autumnfrigger

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Need help with HnapPcSiteBlocked
    « on: January 13, 2016, 06:44:27 PM »
    Hello,

I am having a problem with our router and I have no idea what is causing it. I spent 5 hours last night researching the problem, and I came up empty handed. Any advice would be deeply appreciated.

We have a Netgear WNR2000V4 router. It is wired to our Sony smart blu-ray/dvd player. Our PC (Windows Vista), laptop (Windows 10), and android phone connect to the router via wi-fi.

The night before last, we had been watching Netflix on the blu-ray and everything was working fine. When we came home from work yesterday and tried to load Netflix on the blu-ray, we received a message that said "Unable to connect to Netflix. Please try again or visit www.netflix.com/tvhelp for more information" I then tried to access netflix.com/tvhelp on my phone to get instructions on how to fix the problem. When I did this, I received a blank white page that said "Access blocked! Please contact with Administrator." I thought this was suspicious, so I tried to access the site on my laptop. I received the same blank white page with the same message. I then did some googling to look further into the issue, and I found a thread that I wanted to look at. When I clicked the link from google, I received the message "10.1.10.1/HnapPcSiteBlocked,php?urlnetflixcommunity.ning.com"

At this point, I shut off the router and turned on the data connection on my phone. I was able to load netflix and log in with no issues. I also successfully logged on to netflix from a different wi-fi connection today.  After this, I was pretty sure the problem was with the router. I have updated the firmware and reset the router, and I am still having the issue. I have ran an avast boot time scan on the pc and laptop as well as a Malwarebytes and Spybot S&D scan in safe mode. All have reported no issues. I have cleared the cookies on our computers and reset the blu-ray to factory settings, all to no avail. We are able to access other websites with no problem, but when we try to load netflix, we are blocked.

I have attached a screenshot of the message we received on the laptop.

Does anyone out there have any idea what could cause this kind of an issue? Thank you for your time!

[attachment deleted by admin to conserve space]

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Need help with HnapPcSiteBlocked
    « Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 09:36:35 PM »
    You did not mention who is your Internet Service provider. Some providers will block Netflix, but that is not typical.
    You said -
    We have a Netgear WNR2000V4 router.
    You updated the firmware and that did not help.
    You can get into the Internet using your phone's data connection.
    Therefore it would seem the issue is with your router.
    Can you borrow a router from a fiend?

Is this the manual for your router?
    http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/WNR2000V4/WNR2000v4_UM_14Mar2014.pdf

Read the section about:
    Security   WNR2000v4
    Keyword Blocking of HTTP Traffic

My guess is that your or a member of the household changed some settings in the router. If so, that would explain why the router would reject some web sites and not others. You may wish to review all the setup options for the router.

By the way, can you connect directly to the modem?  If so, try it.

autumnfrigger

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 07:50:51 PM »
      I wanted to confirm that it was unlikely that we had an issue with our router (such as a virus) before I contacted the isp. Once that was confirmed, I went ahead and contacted them only to find out that they had blocked netflix. A phone call or letter would have been nice, and saved me hours of troubleshooting and virus scans. I'm sorry to have wasted your time as well.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 08:16:16 PM »
      Thank you for coming back.
      This forum is all about helping people with computer troubles. I feel good whenever something I said helps somebody else. And others on this forum have the same viewpoint, we are here to help.

As for the blocking of Netflix, I was not just making a wild guess.
      Almost two years ago:
      Verizon caught throttling Netflix traffic
      Netflix has recently begun paying both Comcast and Verizon to improve network performance and carry its video streams at higher bandwidths,
      And recently:
      Canadian Govt Eyes VPN Pirates, Netflix Thieves and ISP Blocking

Whee do you live?  :)