Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: nVidia GeForce4 mx 4000 wierd, idiotic, nonsense problem  (Read 4252 times)

antoniu200

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Everything happens for a reason
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
nVidia GeForce4 mx 4000 wierd, idiotic, nonsense problem
« on: February 06, 2016, 04:06:43 PM »
The old computer in one of my prevoius threads, I managed to get it working by simply replacing the old PSU with mine, from the R7 240 computer. I discovered that the mechanic that I used to give the computers to repair them, it did anorher stupid mistake: the drivers, the software installed and the partitioning were totally crap. So, I reinstalled the OS. I installed everything I needed and it runs well, but, the nonsense part, Need for Speed Porsche 2000 is running worse than on Intel GMA Family Chipset and IT DOESN'T SUPPORT VISUAL TREATMENT IN NFSMW ??? Even the integraded Northbridge Chipset might run these games better!? And those 2 idiotic problems never occured. The GPU is in the title of the thread, CPU: Sempron 1700+ 1.5 GHz, 512 MB RAM 400MHz DDR2. Drivers are as up to date as possible.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: nVidia GeForce4 mx 4000 wierd, idiotic, nonsense problem
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 04:24:09 PM »
Geforce 4MX is from 2002. It should run Porsche Unleashed well, as long as you configure it properly with 3DSetup (rather then the default software renderer) and likely not more than 800x600 resolution. The card predates the original Most Wanted by nearly 3 years. It meets the minimum requirements, but the recommended requirements for the game are a Geforce 6200+ or an ATI Radeon 9800+. "Visual Treatment" requires a DX9 card; the 4MX is a DX 8.1 card.

I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

antoniu200

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Yes
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 03:47:40 AM »
It worked before! NFS Porsche Unleashed worked perfectly, without 3D setup, on 1360x768. Most Wanted worked on almost maximum setting, in 25->45 FPS. As I said, I have the latest drivers, which add the DX9 full support, even tried to roll back to the old drivers. But something is true, I didn't update the DirectX version. Could this cause the problems?

antoniu200

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Yes
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 08:38:39 AM »
Don't just dump me like in the previous threads.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2016, 09:20:44 AM »
A Thousand pardons- I replied initially only because I did not take notice of your username. Perhaps somebody else enjoys talking to a wall.

I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

antoniu200

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Yes
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2016, 11:13:26 AM »
Watch YouTube videos and you'll see that they have Visual Treatment on MX4000

antoniu200

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Yes
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2016, 11:23:53 AM »
And tell me, when did I act like a wall?

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2016, 09:01:09 AM »
And tell me, when did I act like a wall?

Not sure of your location = (level of english language) to know if you understand what it is .. "To talk to a wall."

if talking to someone is like talking to a brick wall, the person you are speaking to does not listen
I've tried to discuss my feelings with her, but it's like talking to a brick wall.

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/be+like+talking+to+a+brick+wall

Unfortunately your posts here frustrate some people. We are all here trying to help everyone and we will request for you to take action or try something and report back and you will just about ignore what we say. So this makes us feel like we are talking to a wall. I saw your post initially and know your track record and no hard feelings and sorry to say this but I have learned not to waste my time and so I ignore responding your posts. ( Although you did get me to respond to this one because I'm trying to help you understand the wall reference.)  :)

One suggestion to start getting better assistance would be to respond back promising that you will no longer be vague and when we have questions you will answer them completely. You will not almost intentionally withhold vital information that makes for an unnecessarily long thread. If we start to see you more responsible and to the point, some of us might start to answer you more.  Just Saying, Trying to be a help here.  :)

Don't just dump me like in the previous threads.

Your already aware that you make us want to avoid getting involved with your threads. I dont want you to leave the site never to return, but this can be corrected on your behalf and we will then take you more serious.

1.) Please be sure to provide as much info as possible at the get go of posts.
2.) Read you posts as an outsider as if your the reader... Does it make sense or are key pieces of info missing? If anything is missing edit your post to add info without responding to your post as for I look first for posts for help with 0 replies and target them first to help people and then I look at others with 1 or 2 to make sure the help is being provided properly or if I can be of assistance to something that I have experience with.
3.) Please complete all actions requested of you and respond back with results.
4.) Give us time to get back to you without bumping a thread or being rude. We dont get paid to help, we are all here voluntarily for FREE. Sometimes there is a gap in coverage, but generally a 0 reply post will get answered eventually.

If you promise to follow these rules, I will promise to help when I see your posts here for help. If you dont comply with this I will revert back to silence.  ;)

Regarding this thread ......

Why are you running that old weak Sempron System for games when you could use your better Athlon II x4 system which would have no troubles running this game? Additionally that Video Card is weak and as BC stated it barely meets the minimum requirements if configured properly.

Additionally I would never bring my computer to my mechanic. A mechanic messing up a computer is very likely to happen since they are better on moving parts such as a car, or machine vs a computer that the only moving parts should never be tampered with such as the inside of a hard drive. Hopefully you contact the mechanic to get a refund for a botched service.

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2016, 09:31:10 AM »
Good post Dave

antoniu200

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Yes
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2017, 11:43:43 AM »
Guys! I finally figured it out!! I'm not sure if I mentioned this, but the old PC has an ASUS A7V880 MoBo. By checking their drivers link (instaliing ME on this old thing), you can see a BIOS update from 2005 fixing a DirectX 9.0c issue on AGP slot! Take a look for yourself: https://www.asus.com/support/Download/1/10/27/1/11/. I'll try it this night and see the results.

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2017, 01:24:50 PM »
1 Year and 2 months and 14 days later .... Thats Determination to work that long on it to fix the issue!   :)