Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help With Signing Into Chrome on Win10  (Read 4712 times)

King Conga

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
    Help With Signing Into Chrome on Win10
    « on: April 01, 2016, 10:04:58 AM »
    I have Win10 on this laptop only, and I have Win7 on everything else I have. They are both 64 bit. I am able to sign into Chrome on all of my Win7 machines, but I have tried every trick I know, incl. the exact instructions that Google offered. Let me say here the Google CEO should be shot for the ultra crappy support they offer, and for making FREE volunteers to do all of their dirty Cust. Svc. There, it's out of my system.

The way I fixed the problem in Win7 was adding another Chrome user. I signed OUT of Chrome on Win7, then created a 2nd user, using the same email, and it worked. However, the same approach just won't work with Win10. I've tried creating a local Admin account in Win10, and signing in with that, but still no success. I've tried using the 32Bit, and 64Bit Chrome versions. I've posted on Win10 Forum, as well as the Chrome Product forum. Again, those guys are pathetic, I've been better at finding solutions than they have. The guys at Win10 Forum were great at least at offering viable solutions, but they can't figure it out either, and they ARE NOT having issues. BTW, before you ask I just had to buy an entirely new HDD on this laptop, and install Windows all over again, and it STILL doesn't work.

Any suggestions? >:( >:(
    Win10 64-Bit / ASUS F555U /12Gig RAM
    CPU:i7-6500-3.1GHz/Chrome 64Bit Ver. 49

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Help With Signing Into Chrome on Win10
    « Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 01:51:50 PM »
    I'd suggest doing away with Chrome and using Firefox or another unless you need chrome for chromecast etc. Im not impressed with chrome myself. Some people like it but I avoid it.

from the windows 10 system can you log onto your gmail account without use of chrome, which I am guessing your loging in as for chrome with edge or another browser to know that the problem with that computer is specifically chrome and not an issue with authentication as a whole with googles servers to gmail etc?

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 05:03:29 PM »
    Logging into google...and/or Gmail is not browser specific...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    « Reply #3 on: April 01, 2016, 07:03:06 PM »
    You've said that signing into Chrome on Win10 doesn't work.

Do you receive any error messages? What happens when you try to sign into Chrome on Win10?

Logging into google...and/or Gmail is not browser specific...

But signing into Chrome is, being that it is a browser.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #4 on: April 02, 2016, 09:47:35 AM »
    What is the purpose of "signing into Chrome"?   If you just want to access your gmail, just go to google.com, with any browser, and sign into your email account.

Edit: I'm not a heavy user of Chrome, so I guess you might want to sign in to it to sync bookmarks across devices or some other synchronization. Is that it?

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    « Reply #5 on: April 02, 2016, 02:32:51 PM »
    What is the purpose of "signing into Chrome"?
    Effectively the same as signing in to Firefox sync, except, I believe, that the settings are stored as part of one's Google account, rather then synchronized between devices. Quite useful in both programs for people with multiple computers.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.