Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How to prevent android user to steal my internet ( advanced)  (Read 2738 times)

berzas

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
    1.I find out that android users use malicious apps such as 'ProxyDroid' to bypass all router filters.
    Is there any certain way to deal with those 'piggpeggers'?

2. Another thing. My router log in address was 195.168.1.1. Now it become 195.168.1.1:80 I dont recall it was before.
    I use Opera browser.

Thanks for answers.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: How to prevent android user to steal my internet ( advanced)
    « Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 08:10:40 AM »
    If you think someone got into your router and changed settings then go into it write down settings you need for any port forwardings etc, perform a hardware factory reset of the router. Change the default password of the router so that others should be locked out of its configuration. Then go in and make it specific configuration to your needs.

The :80 at the tail end of the IP address is just telling it to use port 80. This port is the most commonly used port for internet outbound. Calling the IP address without port 80 designation should bring you to the same result.

Additionally dont have a open wifi, set the wifi to be secured and use a different key than that of what you had prior.

This should keep them out unless your router was rooted and has a backdoor to gain access to it with a altered BlackHat flash ROM programmed onto it. I have doubts that your issue is this deep.

If your router is a linksys you might want to check to make sure its not a vulnerable model to be targeted for a flaw: http://www.pcworld.com/article/2098160/worm-themoon-infects-linksys-routers.html

xfiles63

Beginner

• Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 08:26:32 PM »
      Well I`ll be getting a new modem soon which will have a new set of protocalls and a built in firewall so if anyone is hacking that should keep them out and off my network.By the way I change my password periodadaclly just for my own security.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 10:50:00 PM »
      Just a note. It is not always easy to tell somebody is getting into your network. When people do it on purpose, they don't leave clues. You need to talk to the technical support of the company that provides hour with Internet in the local  area.

berzas

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
        « Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 01:15:24 AM »
        If you think someone got into your router and changed settings then go into it write down settings you need for any port forwardings etc, perform a hardware factory reset of the router. Change the default password of the router so that others should be locked out of its configuration. Then go in and make it specific configuration to your needs.

The :80 at the tail end of the IP address is just telling it to use port 80. This port is the most commonly used port for internet outbound. Calling the IP address without port 80 designation should bring you to the same result.

Additionally dont have a open wifi, set the wifi to be secured and use a different key than that of what you had prior.

This should keep them out unless your router was rooted and has a backdoor to gain access to it with a altered BlackHat flash ROM programmed onto it. I have doubts that your issue is this deep.

If your router is a linksys you might want to check to make sure its not a vulnerable model to be targeted for a flaw: http://www.pcworld.com/article/2098160/worm-themoon-infects-linksys-routers.html

Thanks for reply.
        My wifi is protected with password.
        Also I put 'access control' rules, only 3 devices are allowed to access.
        I have attached file. It shows more info abotu my router.

[attachment deleted by admin to conserve space]