Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Inquiry over "Locked" Downstream Channels!  (Read 2201 times)

Saurabhdua

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Experience: Beginner
    Inquiry over "Locked" Downstream Channels!
    « on: August 01, 2016, 06:57:59 AM »
    Hello Members,

Please refer to the enclosed URL reference, & help ascertain the "Locked" status showing up against all Downstream channels?

Does this suggest any kind of anomaly? Can this be an impediment in acquiring the Top Internet speeds?

& Finally, should this be brought to the notice of my ISP to ensure a steady,reliable &  consistent performance of my Internet Connection?

Please suggest.....

URL reference - http://bit.ly/2aH0dWs

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Inquiry over "Locked" Downstream Channels!
    « Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 08:56:49 AM »
    That seems to be a Wirelesses report.

Salmon Trout

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 03:43:02 PM »
    DOCSIS cable modem. At bootup it tries to find channels and when it does it locks to each one. You want channels to lock. If you see unlocked channels, you have a poor connection. You have all 8 downstream channels locked QAM256. That's good. Your connection is good. However maximum speed not guaranteed because many factors including ISP network infrastructure, utilisation, etc can affect this.

Saurabhdua

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 12:15:21 AM »
       Dear Members!

Thanks a lot for the confirmation! I thought it to be a kind of anomaly that I must take up with my ISP! But what about Upload streams? 2 of these are showing up as unlocked?

Nevertheless, is there a parameter which governs how quickly an Internet Connection acquires its Top speed?

To Geek-9pm:::

I have turned off the Wireless interface rather & use the Connection only via a LAN interface!

Salmon Trout

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 12:40:58 AM »
      If you have slower up speed service then you need fewer locked upstream channels.