Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Monitor won't display after I uninstalled video card drivers  (Read 4585 times)

Insulindependanthuman

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Monitor won't display after I uninstalled video card drivers
    « on: August 04, 2016, 04:25:43 PM »
    There's a lot to this story so I'll try to condense it as much as I can. A few days ago I was watching Netflix and my monitor suddenly went blank. I could still hear the show, so I unplugged and replugged the cords until it finally came on. This happened about 3 more times that day. The next day I turned on my computer and the monitor didn't come on. I did the same thing and it finally came on. It would go off randomly throughout the day just like before. Now we get to today and the same thing happened l, except today I couldn't load any of the games I play. I tried to launch over watch and it told me my video card wasn't compatible. I tried to launch counter strike global offensive and it forced me to have the lowest settings possible. So I decided to update my drivers. I had been putting this off for some time just because everything seemed fine. When the driver update would ask for permission from my computer my monitor would go blank and I would have to unplug and replug like before. If I tried to open task manager the monitor would go blank. A lot of the times when the monitor would go blank, icons would be moved around on my desktop and the programs already open,  such as steam and battle net, would shrink. So anyways I was able to update my drivers and so I tried to open up over watch. Again nothing changed and my driver software says I still need to update. So I was browsing the Internet and someone had a detailed explanation on how to completely remove all graphic related drivers and reinstall them. So I decided to try this. I had to restart my computer to complete the first task which was simply uninstall the drivers. So I did and now no matter what I do nothing shows up on my monitor.

Specs:
    AMD FX-8350 eight core processor
    AMD r9 fury x gfx card
    Gigabyte 970-gaming motherboard
    Corsair vengeance 16 gb of ram
    Either a 750 watt or 800 watt psu - rose will

I was on the irc chat earlier and the suggestions I had gotten there were to either plug in my older graphics card(Ati Radeon 5770) and connect my hdmi to dva cord into that or find a dva or the other kind of screw plug to display cord and connect that instead of the hdmi port. My monitor has both screw plug ports and an hdmi plug. The fury x only has hdmi and display ports.

Insulindependanthuman

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: Monitor won't display after I uninstalled video card drivers
      « Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 05:10:37 PM »
      So I don't know what happened but my monitor came on and I completed uninstalling and installing the video card drivers. Computer is working  :)