Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Yosemite Clean Installation  (Read 8028 times)

billybo

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Yosemite Clean Installation
    « on: August 28, 2016, 10:13:24 AM »
    The Macbook Pro is a used 13" late-2011 model and was packed with Yosemite.

Last summer, I installed rEFInd and added a Linux version for dual boot. All worked like a charm. This week, despite my worries, and for testing purposes (assuming that the downgrade ability was still available), I made the leap of faith and "FREE" upgraded to El Capitan. Then the dual boot vanished until I had rEFInd reinstalled. But the problem was that I was not satisfied at all with El Capitan and wanted to switch back to Yosemite (battery drain etc without any practical advantage).

Then i tried making USB boot installers from torrents because the Yosemite installers have been removed from the Mac App Store search. No matter what I did (downloading .dmg's for TransMac or burning ISO's on dual layer DVD's), the boot (not install) would always get stuck showing me a prohibitory sign and my only option through the Recovery option was for El Capitan. So I got paranoid and booted a live Linux version through rEFInd and formatted the whole drive, except from the EFI partition.

At the moment, the 480GB SSD is divided into the EFI (200MB) and the rest of the space has been formatted to exFAT through Linux. But still the same. I can't create a successfull installation media. Can someone suggest, how could I possibly install Yosemite on this laptop?

Thank you in advance,
    Billy