Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: help me, Broken image on web page but cannot find any html to repair  (Read 4293 times)

johnsmithsen

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    and hello. Make pages for my own edification and stumbled across the following mystery.

Help, as they say. I made up a page with html [strictly]. I was highlighting and moving things around. Long story short, part of the URL, the tag[?] got deleted from the rest.

Now I have a broken image sign on the page itself but when I go to the html program. There is nothing. No html for the broken image, not even partial URL. I can't repair and I cannot get rid of it. I can, however, using "BR>" move the broken image up and down the page. 
    To me a real mystery-- how to get rid of it? How do I find it to get rid of it?   fj

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: help me, Broken image on web page but cannot find any html to repair
    « Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 10:49:39 PM »
    What tools do you use?
    What guide or tutorial do you consult?
    Is you objective to make web pages ?
    If not, perhaps you only want to know how things work?
    Here is a free tip.
    Choice a free word processor, such as
    Libre Office
    or
    Apache office.
    Either of these lets you create a nice page and save it in DOC format, or some other similar type. Then when you want to see how it would look in HTML, just ask it to convert to HTML. Then you can compare the output to what  you see. You will learn faster doing it that way.  :)
    (You must use Notepad to view the HTML.)