Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Experiencing slow speeds! What can I do??  (Read 2347 times)

Jack06

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Experiencing slow speeds! What can I do??
    « on: October 20, 2016, 08:16:32 AM »
    I have been experiencing slow speed from last one week with Optus; it started with the internet going down with some sort of outage occurring, but was fixed in few hours. However, it’s since that time that the speed has taken a hit badly! I can use stuff like Skype and Imo easily, but when I try browsing it takes ages to load some sites. I have contacted the ISP, but was told by employee that they have passed the issue to some other department as they can’t do anything. Now, I am put on hold for nearly 15-20 minutes every time which really sucks! So, is anyone having similar issue with them?

Mifta

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: Experiencing slow speeds! What can I do??
      « Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 02:46:48 PM »
      First of all, did you check the setting if there is any change you made? Also, did you try resetting the Wifi/Modem? I believe that might just solve the issue for you. I am not exactly surprised with the reply, as they are well known for such ordinary service. It’s strange what other department they meant by? As far I know, it’s only support department that should handle the issue and that’s what you talk with when you call them. Anyhow, I think you should check Internet Outages community with locating your area if someone having similar trouble. I am still not over the reply they gave you. It’s truly mind shuttering!

https://www.internetoutages.com.au/optus