Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: New Chisps from AMD. Soon.  (Read 4546 times)

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
New Chisps from AMD. Soon.
« on: October 28, 2016, 02:04:03 AM »
The MacBook announcement  reveals AMD does have a new GPU.
http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/amd-radeon-pro-400-series-revealed-after-macbook-pro/
If you didn’t notice, Apple showcased its new 15-inch MacBook Pro during Thursday’s press conference that packs an interesting new graphics processor: the AMD Radeon Pro 450 or Radeon Pro 455, depending on the model you pre-order. If you have never heard of these chips before, it is because they are part of AMD’s new Radeon Pro 400 Series launched on Thursday after Apple’s press event. Surprise!
There's more...
http://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/features/amd-on-rx-480-india-price-nintendo-switch-and-more-1504761
The new chip will come to India.
... one of the most hyped video cards in recent memory, and in India it saw an irresponsible flip flop on pricing that did it no favours in the eyes of gamers. Gadgets 360 spoke to Raja Koduri, Senior Vice President and Chief Architect and Chris Hook...
That's not all... a new CPU!
AMD confirms Zen processors launching early 2017
Story:
http://www.pcgamer.com/amd-confirms-zen-processors-launching-early-2017/
The is about a new CPU to get ahead of Intel
AMD has fallen behind Intel in the processor space in recent years, however in testing its Zen architecture has been showing drastic improvement. So far we know AMD will have an 8-core, 16-thread chip on sale.
8)

Salmon Trout

Re: New Chisps from AMD. Soon.
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 02:37:01 AM »
Chisps? What them?

Lorraine walsh

Intermediate

• A techie by nature!
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 07:02:29 AM »

http://www.pcgamer.com/amd-confirms-zen-processors-launching-early-2017/
    The is about a new CPU to get ahead of Intel 8)
    I'll be interested to see how well these end up working on Windows 7. I know they're not supported, but neither was the last Intel chip, and it even ran on XP.

DaveLembke

Sage
    « Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 08:52:14 AM »
    AMD has fallen behind Intel in the processor space in recent years, however in testing its Zen architecture has been showing drastic improvement. So far we know AMD will have an 8-core, 16-thread chip on sale.

Hoping they are able to compete with Intel with a CPU that runs cooler. My current AMD FX-8350 125 watt TDP pumps out the heat when gaming. My brother spent for a latest gen i7 and no where near the heat out the rear of computer as the AMD that I have.

While the FX-8350 4.0 Ghz is a cheaper solution vs buying Intel, its performance for single threaded programs isnt all that impressive. Friend at work has one of the AMD FX-9590 4.7Ghz 220 Watt TDP liquid cooling required, and he also complained that the room he is in warms up from the computer when gaming.

While better performance is of greater importance than heating up a room, it would be nice if they came out with a faster and cooler more power efficient design.

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    « Reply #4 on: October 28, 2016, 11:51:55 AM »
    Chisps? What them?
    I can not respond to this. More information about Chisps is found on the web site reddit.com. I have been told not to cite that site as a source of knowledge. Nevertheless, the term is in wide use.Sorry for any confusion.  :-[

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #5 on: October 28, 2016, 12:23:00 PM »
    Give your voice to text app another oil change and lube...:P
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "