Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problems with startup pages and blank pages  (Read 3612 times)

drhck

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Problems with startup pages and blank pages
« on: November 25, 2016, 01:57:34 PM »
I am running Win 7 on a Toshiba Satellite 64 bit.  I am using igHome as my home page and have Chrome, Yahoo and Firefox as browsers.  Lately, I have been required to log in each time I go to each browser. For example, I have three accounts on Chrome and am required to log into each account. Then if I leave the computer and it turns off, I am required to log in again The same with Yahoo and any log in site I have.   I feel that there is a setting somewhere that I need to adjust but don't have a clue as to where.

Thanks.
drhck

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Problems with startup pages and blank pages
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016, 03:21:01 PM »
This is not a direct answer. This is a suggestion about how to isolation the problem.
Go into the Windows control panel and select the users. Create a new user with the same privilege level. Then log off and log into the new user.

Now inside the new user, open Firefox and go to the Google web site. Do not log in. do not make a new account. You do not have to log into Google to use it.

Try it also with other browsers and other web sites. Most general purpose web sites do not require you to log in. It is up to you. Limit yourself to how many sites your med to log into to use.

Does that help any?   :)