Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Location of CMOS battery  (Read 4323 times)

Mikcor

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Familiar
    Location of CMOS battery
    « on: December 09, 2016, 07:58:56 AM »
    Hi Guys, A short time back I was having a problem with my PC showing the wrong time. You helped me with a number of suggestions and after resetting internet time I thought the problem was solved. But, it's now showing the wrong time each time I log on so I guess it is the CMOS battery. I have bought a CR2032 battery because it was suggested that this is most common type of battery but I cannot see a part of this type in my computer.
    My computer is an Acer Aspire AX3300 PC Desktop. Can anyone tell me what type of CMOS battery I need for this PC and where it is located.
    You have probably guessed I'm an old so and so who doesn't know much (or anything) about computers, so your help is greatly appreciated.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Location of CMOS battery
    « Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 08:57:13 AM »
    Online I found a picture for main board for that system that shows a 2032 battery in a battery holder that has the battery mounted on its edge in the socket. Look for a round metal disc that is mounted into a black plastic holder.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 09:12:47 AM »
    I've also seen on some Acer PC's that it's slightly hidden with a video card installed...check that also.

Note: Make sure to remove ALL power to the PC when replacing the battery.
    Upon re-boot the 1st time you may have to re-set the date and time when finished via the BIOS.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Mikcor

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 12:15:51 PM »
      Thank you Dave and Patio, I'll check those suggestions.
      I'm also thinking I have posted this in the wrong place as I am so used to clicking on Windows 10. Should I perhaps post on Hardware Forum?

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #4 on: December 09, 2016, 12:20:37 PM »
      No problem Bud...let us know how it goes.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

DaveLembke

Sage
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #5 on: December 09, 2016, 03:06:48 PM »
      I'm also thinking I have posted this in the wrong place as I am so used to clicking on Windows 10. Should I perhaps post on Hardware Forum?

No need to post duplicate locations. We request that only 1 post per subject me made vs having more than 1 going on at the same time. I and many others here use the Show unread posts since last visit and Show new replies to your posts as a means of finding latest requests for help and getting back to those we are helping. You will see these hyperlinks under your name where it says Hello Mikcor at top left.

We are all volunteers here and so sometimes an answer from a specific person might take a day to get back to you or longer if they get busy irl. Others here also step in and assist as well to help out if there is a question that doesnt need to be specifically answered by the person that you asked the question to. Many educated great people here and us long timers here help each other out. Ive been here 10 years as of November. ( 2006 - 2016 ) and there are others here who have been here longer.  ;D