Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My router will conect to the wifi but says that there is no Internet  (Read 2522 times)

Tompc

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    I have a wireless router,repeater. I can set it up and it dose find the local wifi. And i can create a new wifi access point. But when I log on the Internet with my computer from the repeater it says that there is no Internet access.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: My router will conect to the wifi but says that there is no Internet
    « Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 06:24:03 AM »
    Are you able to get a screen shot of the configuration so we can look over your configuration. Additionally what are the make/models of the main router and the access point or router acting as an access point repeater?

*Some devices dont communicate with others to act as repeaters, we can rule this out if we know what make/model of your wireless devices are to verify that they will work together correctly. I had a Linksys router for example that refused to work with a D-Link as a repeater because the Linksys I had needed to be paired with another Linksys in order to sync correctly as a repeater.

Tompc

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 10:26:36 PM »
      Internet Configuration
      Connected Type   USB-WLAN(DHCP)   Connected Status   Connected
      WAN IP Address   192.168.2.94   Subnet Mask   255.255.255.0
      Default Gateway      Primary Domain Name Server   192.168.2.1
      Secondary Domain Name Server      MAC Address   00:25:22:4D:C2:AF
      USB Wireless Adapter Information
      Network Mode   Infrastructure   Wifi Link Status   Ralink STA
      Network Name (SSID)   RioDelSolClubhouse   Unique ID (BSSID)   48:F8:B3:BD:B0:10
      Link Quality   100%
      Signal Strength   -39 dBm   Connection Speed   65 Mb/s

Change Profile
      Security Settings
      Authentication   Disabled   Encryption   Disabled
      LAN Configuration
      LAN IP Address   192.168.2.1   LAN Netmask   255.255.255.0
      MAC Address   00:C0:CA:92:9D:D0   
      System Info
      Firmware Version   V1.2.1.2N(Sep 10 2013)   System Time   Sat, 01 Jan 2011 01:42:27
      Operation Mode   Router Mode    

DaveLembke

Sage
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: December 11, 2016, 06:37:20 AM »
      I saw that you have Ralink STA as wireless device. Is this a USB adapter connected to your computer that your trying to use as a Access Point for others to connect to. Need to know make/model of the devices your trying to connect together. Ralink has some hits with issues with their AP mode according to google search. I have one of their USB Wireless Adapters for one of my laptops and the adapter has been troublesome when not right on top of a strong wireless signal to connect to. I bought a EDIMAX USB Wireless adapter and that one works way better than the cheapie Ralink brand. Knowing what you have for exact hardware would help pin point issue.

https://www.google.com/#q=ralink+sta+ap+mode