Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Laptop - extremly slow when booting up - no longer run OS  (Read 23194 times)

hamada147

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
Re: Laptop - extremly slow when booting up - no longer run OS
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2016, 03:16:22 PM »
I will follow the above instructions.
Thank you very much. You have no idea how much I appreciate it.

hamada147

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2016, 03:09:24 PM »
Just want to let you all know that I manged to fix the problem thanks to Geek-9pm and the laptop is now running like a new one.
thanks a lot.

aimeusdietger

• Experience: Expert
    « Reply #17 on: February 15, 2017, 12:34:56 AM »
    Hello there,
    I've a huge problem with my laptop. It's not responding at all I tried so many things as you are going to read in details but unfortunately with no success. I would really appreciate it if someone was able to help me out.

First of all
    My laptop information
    Company: HP
    Type: Notebook
    Model: HP ENVY dv6 Notebook
    Exact model: dv6-7350se
    CPU: Intel®core I7-3610QM (2.3 GH) third generation
    Hard disk: 1TB
    Cash memory: 6M
    Ram: 8GB
    OS: Windows 8 64bit upgraded to 8.1 once it came out, it was a free upgrade from Microsoft.
    Display: LED 15.6
    VGA: NVIDIA® GeForce 2GB
    Battery: dead
    My regular used programs
    Dropbox
    Office 2013
    Visual studio 2015 student edition
    NetBeans 8.1
    Sublime text editor 3 (plugins are installed as well)
    Bandicam (takes video of what happens on screen)
    Team viewer 10
    My problem
    I literally inserted my flash drive into the usp port and soon as it got power I received this error NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM (Ntfs.sys)
    The content of my flash drive was the following
    The installation program of visual studio student edition 2015
    PowerPoint presentation file
    Java project program in NetBeans format
    2 text files
    One folder containing PDF files of a module lecture (9 files to be exact)
    Naturally I let it take it's time to collect the data it wanted to collect at that moment I didn't suspect it was the flash drive so after it restarted I plugged it in again which resulted in the same error, that was the moment everything broke down
    it took 4 hours just to go from black screen (booting screen) to show mouse movement then 2 hours latter it showed me the login section
    Then it froze, nothing was responding at all not the keyboard nor the mouse. At that I had enough so I force a restart by pushing down the power key for a couple of seconds which forced shutdown then I clicked it one more time to start it up again. And it never started up again ever since no matter how much time I gave it (up to 15 hours). So I did the same thing forced a restart then kept clicking on F8 so I can choose automatic repair but it already went to system diagnosis so I thought that is a good thing, right? No it's not as it took 1 hour showing me this message then 6 hours scanning and repairing a driver that doesn't exist (it's name is f and I have no partition called f) anyway I let it do it's thing after it finished it restarted on it's own the automatically shutdown itself. So I let it rest for 2 hours then started it up again it told me please wait then black screen and nothing else happened for the next 3 hours. So I forced shutdown, this time it opened the F8 section and I clicked on automatic repair. After no longer than 10 minutes it told me failed to repair so I tried it again, same results.
    Went back to that menue and clicked on HP recovery, it took about 6 hours of doing so many things and restarting so many times but at the end I got it back working normally without any problems like the first time I first opened the laptop it was as following
    All drivers were installed as well as a couple of programs that came with the laptop
    So far so good
    Now it's time to download all the updates so the OS can work properly
    It started downloading then installing these updates it restarted a couple of times then it shutdown on it's own
    So I started it up again just to find that I came to square 0 one more time and everything is not working again and it never go out of that black screen of death. So I tried system diagnosis no results. Automatic repair no results. System restore point no results.
    So I went to and bought Windows 10 burned it to A DVD and tried to install it
    It took 30 minutes just to show me press any key to to boot from CD which I jumped in and kept clicking like crazy then it took an 1 to open the start up page then finally it showed me the partition section on my hard disk
    I clicked the format button on the partition that had my operating system and it took 1 hour to finish then I choose it to install my new Windows and it has been 0% for over an 1 now.

I have no idea what's going on or what went wrong or what might have happened that resulted in all of this
    I really need to fix as soon as I can possibly can because I have finals 4th of January 2017
    Before you reply know the following
    I live in Egypt and there isn't a single person who have a computer services shop that can help me. All of them are pretty much good at installing hardware and replacing it. They can't fix nor do a check up on it and whenever they encounter any problem they re-install the OS and it's drivers

I have a HP Envy M6 Core i5 that had a booting problem for a long time. Turns out it i just had unnecessary applications on my laptop that were making it extremely slow. I deleted the apps and pretty much formatted the laptop. It worked

hamada147

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2017, 01:33:28 AM »
    Unfortunately that was not the problem in my case.
    I bought a device so I can access the data on my hard disk through another laptop like an external hard disk and got all my data. Then I formatted the hard disk completely (each partition). Then I used a paid software to completely delete any traces of files that were in my hard disk, it took a couple of days to finish that process. Then I took the hard disk inserted it into the laptop and installed a clean new OS and divided the partition through the OS installer. And that was the end of the problem. I still to this point have no idea what created this problem.