Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can I force my HP offisaejet to printin black?  (Read 2849 times)

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Can I force my HP offisaejet to printin black?
« on: December 29, 2016, 06:30:52 PM »
How can I make my printer print a simple page in black and white when one of my color cartridges is empty. Specifically, the yellow cartridge is completely empty and there is no practical way to resell it.
Yes, it is one of those new HP designs that has a complicated way of keeping the ink in a special platter so that you can't put more take into the cartridge. I tried buying some refilled cartridges, but one of them fails on me and I have to be the one that I needed the most.
So, until I can afford to buy replacement cartridge, I can't use this printer. I can't even print in black and white because the printer just will not accept that tests an alternative choice when one of the color cards is empty. There is plenty of eight in the black cartridge, but one of the color inks is completely empty and the printer refuses to do anything.
Their opt to be away to force a printer to go ahead and print in black and white. But I've tried all the options I can find in the printer just get stuck on this business about the carts being empty. I don't understand this. It doesn't make sense to stop the printing process because one cartridge is empty. Printing in black and white should always be an available option. At least that's what I think.
So here's my question, is there some kind of a patch or act or trick that one could use to force the printed to go ahead and print even though one of the color cartridges is completely empty.
Forgot to mention, this is an HP printer. If I have an Epson, I wouldn't have this problem.
Thanks in advance. :(

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Can I force my HP offisaejet to printin black?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 06:33:12 PM »
See if there is a greyscale setting...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 07:17:13 PM »
See if there is a greyscale setting...
Yes, I just now tired it. No, it does not work. I get the error message that the yellow cart is bad and there is no way to force it to go on.
It is a HP 6810 model.

Salmon Trout

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 10:09:38 PM »
Your printer is designed to print only when all ink cartridges have ink. A little ink from all the ink cartridges is used in periodic servicing tasks. This helps to prevent issues such as printhead clogs and poor print quality. There is no way to bypass this feature.
(Their emphasis).

Glennmc7

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 11:34:47 PM »
    Nope you are out of luck all cartrigege have to register that there is some ink left in it. If you refill the cartridge that is low then you can go to the print setting and change it to print in grayscale and that will work.

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    « Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 11:10:55 PM »
    Right. I had to give in.  I bought more ink carts.  >:(