Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: WMP  (Read 3516 times)

adnil

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    WMP
    « on: January 02, 2017, 07:01:18 AM »
    WMP will not burn discs.. I haven't used this for a while, and suddenly it refuses to burn. I am on windows 7 64 bit.
    thank you

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: WMP
    « Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 08:54:57 AM »
    Id try a different utility and see if its your drive that is failing to burn vs WMP. There are a bunch to chose from. I use IMGBurn and Roxio depending on what I am burning. If it doesnt want to burn with a different utility then either there is a problem with the drive or the disc to be burned to is flawed or incorrect for the drive type.

adnil

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 03:57:16 AM »
      Thank you Dave.  Sorry for not replying sooner, but I have been looking at all the possibilities you suggest.  I would rather stick with WMP, as I am familiar with it.  As you suggest, I think the drivers may need updating.  What is the best way to go about this.  I would appreciate your input.  Thanks again, Edna

adnil

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 09:07:20 AM »
        Hello Dave.  I have been fiddling about with drives, and I have managed to udate my drives, and the problem is sorted.  Thank you for your input, you have inspired me.  Cheers Edna