Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Best freeware for converting MP4 video and burning to DVD  (Read 3165 times)

jusmeyall

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
    Best freeware for converting MP4 video and burning to DVD
    « on: January 06, 2017, 07:47:11 AM »
    Greetings!
    I could use some assistance in choosing a video converter. I have a downloaded movie in a MP4 format that I would like to convert and or burn to a dvd. Although the movie is on my document (video) file, when I click on the file it won't open and play even though I have the Windows Media Player. Instead, I get a message (snippet attachment) stating that Windows cannot open the file.
    This is the first video file I have ever downloaded so this is all a new concept to me; however, I read an article from Digital Trends about how to convert DVDs to MP4 files in Windows in which three freeware video converters were recommended: HandBrake, Movavi, and WinX DVD ripper. I researched the 3-converters at Wikipedia and other online sources and found they are also capable of converting MP4 to DVD, but I still have reservations as to which if any of the three programs to try. I recall reading that some programs will install a browser toolbar which I prefer not to have.
    Any suggestion of a converter program or advice about the use of the converter would be very welcome. My computer is an HP Pavilion with Windows Vista, she's old but still humming.

[attachment deleted by admin to conserve space]

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Best freeware for converting MP4 video and burning to DVD
    « Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 08:28:26 AM »
    Quick Check on Sherlock The Abominable Bride and its not a free download, so you got it from a ripped source. We cant help you with piracy conversions back into its original DVD form. Sorry

Its $11.99 on Amazon

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3845232/

jusmeyall

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 12:30:26 PM »
      Okay, I'll simply skip the converting to DVD process, but should'nt I be able to view the MP4 on my computer without a conversion?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 12:48:06 PM »
      Okay, I'll simply skip the converting to DVD process, but should'nt I be able to view the MP4 on my computer without a conversion?
      Yes,  many, or most, free players read MP3 format directly.
      One I like is VLC. Tofindit, jusat Goolge 'VLC' to find a download site.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 12:53:48 PM »
      No matter the price...Topic Closed.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "