Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: facebook  (Read 2216 times)

rtm1960

facebook
« on: January 11, 2017, 11:57:53 PM »
can anyone tell me why my facebook account went mental and wont let me log on reset my password or delete my account and start again and i cant contact them to ask whats going on *censored*]

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: facebook
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 12:36:38 AM »
No, trying to understand  what they do is a mystery. And they don't care.

My thought s that you should just  start a new  account and contact your friends.

It may be you made somebody mad  hacked your account as revenge.
]
Be very careful about the  information you put on Facebook. Or any other social media site. Spell your name differently, change your birthday, don't give them your phone number.Any entertainment web site is not entitled to know  personal details about people. Use a fake profile and clue trusted friends that you went you incognito for protection.

Why? You ought to read this:
http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20100621005370/en/Truth-Social-Media-Identity-Theft-Perception-Reality
Approximately 65 percent of users do not set high privacy or security settings in their social media sites.
More than 90 percent of users do not review a given Website’s privacy policy before engaging in use.
Approximately 40 percent of all respondents share their physical home address through social media applications

You must proactively protect yourself.  Nobody else will.

rtm1960

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 12:40:44 AM »
thanks geek but i cant even get hold of face book to stop my account or to start new

jenno

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
    « Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 01:45:21 AM »
    What sort of error message do you get when you try to log in? And you didn't receive an email notifying you of what's happening?

rtm1960

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 01:54:36 AM »
    it asks me for a mobile number to verify my account which i never had to start with, so i try to reset the password and it does the same thing *censored* Sorry but im a relative beginner at this stuff

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    « Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 02:04:38 AM »
    You can get yourself a new e-mail address. Create a new Facebook account with name that is a bit like your real name.
    If you are very careful about keeping your password, you do not need a mobile phone number.

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #6 on: January 12, 2017, 05:14:58 AM »
    You need to contact Facebook.

jenno

Rookie

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2017, 01:56:31 AM »
      it asks me for a mobile number to verify my account which i never had to start with, so i try to reset the password and it does the same thing *censored* Sorry but im a relative beginner at this stuff
      Hmm that's strange, are you sure you never provided them with a number to verify your account before? It's odd that they'd ask for it if it doesn't exist. In that case, best cut your losses and start fresh as Geek-9pm suggests!

Kikobrian55

Starter

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2017, 03:18:27 AM »
        Are you using a VPN to access your facebook? Did you try to make it in another machine or internt Ip address?

DaveLembke

Sage
        « Reply #9 on: February 06, 2017, 01:26:30 PM »
        Are you using a VPN to access your facebook? Did you try to make it in another machine or internt Ip address?

rtm1960 appears to be no longer with us.... no sense responding any further to this.  ;)

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #10 on: February 06, 2017, 04:55:15 PM »
        Another alien abduction...
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "