Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Unable to open 1 specific website  (Read 4928 times)

Aloha64

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Unable to open 1 specific website
    « on: January 17, 2017, 09:58:24 AM »
    Hello,

Thanks for this forum!

I have an unusual issue that started happening on 1/02/2017.   A website that I use often (www.appraisersforum.com) stopped working for me.   Every other website I use pulls up fine, except this one.   This happens with every device in our home, using a wireless router.  This website tries to open, then times out.   I have posted the results below.    I have Googled the problem and have read from several websites that there might be a DNS problem, but with my limited computer skills, I'm reluctant to change my DNS settings without knowing that this is the problem.  Also, I have verified with the websites owner that I have not been "blocked" and that the website is working fine.     Does this issue sound familiar?    Any suggestions or assistance would be appreciated!   Thanks.   

This page can’t be displayed
    Turn on TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, and TLS 1.2 in Advanced settings and try connecting to https://appraisersforum.com  again. If this error persists, it is possible that this site uses an unsupported protocol or cipher suite such as RC4 (link for the details), which is not considered secure. Please contact your site administrator.

(btw,  the TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, and TLS 1.2 in Advanced settings are checked!)

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Unable to open 1 specific website
    « Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 09:52:45 PM »
    Website seems to work ok to get to that page from here so site is likely ok.

Id take one of the devices that is portable to another internet connection such as at a friends house or open wifi somewhere and see if you get same results or if it then works fine on someone elses network.