Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Confused Cell Phone Buyer  (Read 1946 times)

John1397

Topic Starter

Hopeful
    • Experience: Beginner
    Confused Cell Phone Buyer
    « on: January 21, 2017, 06:07:46 PM »
    I am looking at all the smartphones and flip phones it seems what I need is a $10 GSM that is unlocked that can accept a sim card what I am wondering is when it says Samsung Sprint or LG Verizon if this is a different phone than just a Samsung without a carrier name on it? I bough a  LG Optimus Zone 3 for $10 new and this is a nice phone but is locked and on CDMA so if it was unlocked it still would not work.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Confused Cell Phone Buyer
    « Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 07:06:05 PM »
    Here is a list:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_telephone_operating_companies
    The list  includes America, Europe and Asia.
    To find  wo is who inside of a country, you have to dig deeper.
    Sad to say this list does not tell you that some companies are not compatible.

Here is a personal experience. My  flip phone no longer works. I buy another phone. My  SIM card does not work. Well, after two weeks I learn that not all unlocked phones are unlocked. Too hard to  explain. I had to buy another SIM card or else another phone. So I got another SIM card.

Your changes of getting the right phone and the right SIM card and the right carries are poor. This is by design.

You will need the help of a technician that knows what's working in your area.