Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: New build, no display after booting up  (Read 2548 times)

Darkri334

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    New build, no display after booting up
    « on: January 21, 2017, 07:07:41 PM »
    I just built my computer, all of the fans are running, there is no beeping, and no negative leds. However, after I boot up my pc I receive no display on my monitor. The monitor works perfectly, all of the monitor's cords work, and the gpu has no issues. I have tried plugging in the monitor to both my gpu and directly into the motherboard and still receive "no signal". All of the fans work when I hit the power switch, only the display is not working. I've been trying to figure out the problem for 15 hours please help.

bloorocksDotD

Re: New build, no display after booting up
      « Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 07:50:13 PM »
      Hey, I'm guest_30(the gal who had the same problem as you)
      I ended up fixing the issue in my pc, but I'm not sure if it will work for you too or if I just got lucky.

I have adapter cables running from my power supply to my gpu because apparently you need those sometimes(I suck at hardware) anyways, when I went to un-seat my gpu and re-seat it I decided that I would redo the adapter cables too just because and some of the connecting pins weren't in all the way, I assume that when I repositioned my ssd earlier I tugged the cables slightly because the cable attatched to the pin is extremely loose and easily disturbed, I know it's a longshot, but it might be the same issue that you were having.

Darkri334

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 08:06:30 PM »
        Thanks, but I don't think that I have the same problem, I wired my monitor directly into my motherboard and it didn't work either. My motherboard might just be dead, but I want to confirm it first.

Glennmc7

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 11:28:15 PM »
          Flip the ribbon around so that it connects to the center slot in the middle of the connection on the hard drive.

camerongray

Expert
            • Yes
            • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
          • Certifications: List
          • Computer: Specs
          • Experience: Expert
          « Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 05:52:50 AM »
          If you are trying the monitor on the motherboard you'll need to remove the graphics card first, the onboard graphics are usually disabled when a card is detected.  Can you provide a list of all parts used to build the system in case there is some sort of incompatibility?

What I'd do is simplify everything down - Run with just the onboard graphics with the video card removed, run with a single stick of RAM and disconnect all drives - You essentially want to try with the bare minimum to get the machine to POST.  Also check the power connections to the motherboard, in particular make sure that the 4/8pin CPU power connector is connected properly.

Darkri334

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 01:29:55 PM »
            z170agaming m3 motherboard
            i7 7700k cpu
            gtx970 gpu
            2x16g corsair ddr4 ram

I tried to simplify it down and it still didn't work

patio

• Genius
            • Maud' Dib
              • Yes
            « Reply #6 on: January 22, 2017, 02:51:10 PM »
            So after removing the vid card (did you do this yet ? ) and connecting to onboard vid you still get no display on a known working monitor...correct ? ?

What MBoard connector...VGA or HDMI ? ?
            " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Darkri334

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2017, 04:20:57 PM »
              I believe I have found the problem, my motherboard's bios does not currently support my cpu, so I am, going to have to use an older, supported cpu to install all of the drivers and update my bios.