Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: New PC, While installing windows 10 it loads then restarts and loops the proces.  (Read 3819 times)

Tulu

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Experienced
    I recently built a new pc. At first it worked great! Then after about 2 hours it started giving me a BSOD. After about a week of trying to fix it I finally just returned the Motherboard, SSD, and HDD in hopes that it would now work. Today I was disappointed since now when I try to install windows there is no BSOD or any kind of error that is visible. All that happens is it loads for about 30 seconds restarts and then loads again. Occasional after restarting my monitor says no signal and I have to boot it off all the way on the tower and on the PSU. I have looked through many forums to try to solve and have talked to people on the live chat if someone could please help that would be appreciated.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Please List what parts you have in this computer so we know what you have going on for parts. Right now we have nothing to go on and it could be any number of causes.

What make/model Motherboard?
    What CPU?
    What RAM?
    What Drives?
    What Power Supply?
    What Video Card(s)?
    What additional Cards?
    Where did Windows 10 comes from... download or bought in store etc?

Additionally is the computer plugged into a clean power source or an outlet that might have dirty power with dips and spikes? ( Dirty power would be if you have a lamp on the same outlet and you notice a dimming, brightness, or flickering in the light as the easiest detection for dirty power source. )

Tulu

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Please List what parts you have in this computer so we know what you have going on for parts. Right now we have nothing to go on and it could be any number of causes.

What make/model Motherboard?
      What CPU?
      What RAM?
      What Drives?
      What Power Supply?
      What Video Card(s)?
      What additional Cards?
      Where did Windows 10 comes from... download or bought in store etc?

Additionally is the computer plugged into a clean power source or an outlet that might have dirty power with dips and spikes? ( Dirty power would be if you have a lamp on the same outlet and you notice a dimming, brightness, or flickering in the light as the easiest detection for dirty power source. )

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bmCP7h

This is my parts list.

I bought everything here at a Microcenter including my Windows 10 disc. (Although I do have a windows usb I download and have tried)

As for a dirty power source, I believe I'm good. I have a lamp plugged in with no flickering.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      It's ridiculous that ASUS doesn't list the QVL list for RAM for that MBoard in the Manual...

Contact ASUS for it.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Tulu

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

It's ridiculous that ASUS doesn't list the QVL list for RAM for that MBoard in the Manual...

Contact ASUS for it.

I got the computer using the same kind of ram and motherboard to work. Also I went on to a site that showed compatibility and claimed the ram was compatible.

It is not on Asus's QVL list so im going to try to return it anyway.
        « Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 11:56:32 AM by Tulu »

DaveLembke

Sage
        • Certifications: List
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Expert
        DDR4 3400*(*O.C.)/ 3333*/ 3200*/ 3100*/ 3000*/ 2933*/ 2800*/ 2666*/ 2600*/ 2400*/ 2133

The * indication next to all those FSB options suggests that this board is very memory picky. Usually a warning to stick with whats on their QVL list. As Patio looked up that info looks to be missing from manual.

I have had mixed success with Crucial RAM sticks. However Crucial was great for RMA replacement. I bought  2 x 4GB DDR3 1600 Crucial Ballistix Sport RAM for my FX-8350 system and the RAM died on me in the middle of about 6 hours of heavy gaming. Diagnosed the bad stick with memtest86 and sent that one stick back and kept the other to run computer on 4GB until the other 4GB stick was replaced under warranty. My motherboard didnt have memory warnings like yours has to stick with the verified tested compatible memory list though.

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/Z170-AR/
        ** Refer to www.asus.com for the Memory QVL (Qualified Vendors Lists).

Worthless URL, your already at ASUS website on that specific board and they dump you back out to the main ASUS site. Idiots  ::)

Digging further it might be listed in this download, but maybe Patio already checked out this for the info and hit a wall with lack of info: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/Z170-AR/HelpDesk_QVL/  *I cant download to open this up where I am right now from work computer.

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        Already hit that wall earlier Dave...

As to the RAM it's DDR4 which makes it all the more important to have the QVL list....

Perhaps the reason it's buried ? ?

Shame on ASUS.

Tulu

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Already hit that wall earlier Dave...

As to the RAM it's DDR4 which makes it all the more important to have the QVL list....

Perhaps the reason it's buried ? ?

Shame on ASUS.

I just went and got new RAM.

Before I install it could it be an issue with the CPU?

Thanks

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          Where did you find the QVL list for the RAM ? ?

Tulu

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

patio

• Genius
            • Maud' Dib
              • Yes
            Cool.

Tulu

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Cool.

Do you think it might be a cpu problem? I haven't installed the new ram yet

patio

• Genius
              • Maud' Dib
                • Yes
              That would be pure speculation at this point...

Tulu

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

That would be pure speculation at this point...

Update: I have installed the new ram and the system still is not working. I will either tomorrow or the day after tomorrow go and get a new cpu. If that doesn't work I'm bringing back everything and trying again with new parts.

patio

• Genius
                • Maud' Dib
                  • Yes
                At least your dealing with MicroCenter...they are excellent with customer satisfaction in my experience.
                I buy quite a bit from them.

Sorrry a new build has gone bad for you...keep us posted.